Sources: Browns trading two draft picks to Dolphins for Jarvis Landry

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sources: Browns trading two draft picks to Dolphins for Jarvis Landry
3:39 PM CT
ESPN

The Cleveland Browns are trading two draft picks to the Miami Dolphins for wide receiver Jarvis Landry, sources tell ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The Browns are also working on a new contract for Landry, and a deal is expected to get done, per source.

The Dolphins placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on Landry on Feb. 20, the first day teams could issue the designation to pending free agents. The salary for wide receivers getting the franchise tag this offseason is expected to be around $16.2 million, which will be quite the raise for Landry, who made $894,000 last season.

After meeting with Landry's agent at the scouting combine in Indianapolis, the Dolphins gave the wide receiver permission to seek a trade. At least five teams expressed interest in Landry, including the Baltimore Ravens and Chicago Bears, a source told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.

Landry, 25 (BD: Nov. 28), led the NFL with 112 receptions last season. He also had 987 receiving yards and nine touchdown receptions. He has been selected to the Pro Bowl for three consecutive seasons.

He was ejected in the Miami Dolphins' season finale against the Buffalo Bills after he was an instigator in a fourth-quarter brawl. Coach Adam Gase called the incident "embarrassing."

Landry's 112 receptions were the most in NFL history for a player who didn't have at least 1,000 receiving yards that season, according to ESPN Stats and Information. He had eclipsed the 1,000-yard mark in both the 2015 and '16 seasons, when he finished with 1,157 yards and 1,136 yards, respectively.

Only Antonio Brown (471) and Julio Jones (411) have more receptions than Landry's 400 since he debuted in the NFL in 2014.

Just a weird trade to me. I'm sure the Browns have a master plan in mind but you don't usually see 0-16 teams doing this sort of thing with no QB.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well, they need a WR. They will probably go after McCarron next week.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Depending on the QB they end up with, I could see the Browns being a good team pretty quickly. They have some good, young talent already in place. With 6 of the first 65 picks and a bunch more littering the 4th and 5th rounds, they should leave this draft with some difference makers. Getting rid of the money ball dude and bringing in some football guys was the right move, but the previous regime certainly set them up in this draft. I'd definitely say their arrow is pointing up.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, they need a WR. They will probably go after McCarron next week.
Apparently Tyrod Taylor lol

The Browns are trading for Tyrod Taylor in case anyone hasn't seen the most recent news. Gosh what a crazy day. I'm assuming Tyrod is the veteran they want to play while they develop one of the QBs from this draft.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Browns also trading for Randall from the Packers. Man they are starting a fire storm of trades

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What the fuck is going on?

Is this the NFL?

data

Forbes #1
It's kinda like an expansion draft for the Browns.

D

Deuce

Is this the NFL?
Browns, Rams and Eagles all making moves like crazy. This is what happens when kids who played Madden franchise mode as a kid grow up and get NFL jobs.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate

Is this the NFL?
They did whatever it took to get rid of Deshone Kizer. It also helps them justify drafting Saquon Barkley #1 overall next month.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Another Browns trade

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another Browns trade
Now that I would have gotten in on.

Top Bottom