2018 NFL Cuts & Signings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
who the fuck wants a kicker or punter with personality? go be "colorful" somewhere else.

Carp

DCC 4Life
who the fuck wants a kicker or punter with personality? go be "colorful" somewhere else.
He danced before he kicked...whoop dee do. Seems like a very odd move to make considering he was a 2nd team all pro and just signed a big deal in 16.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He danced before he kicked...whoop dee do. Seems like a very odd move to make considering he was a 2nd team all pro and just signed a big deal in 16.
He had the highest yards per punt last year too didn't he?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

What in the actual fuck?

The Rams are not playing around.

Rock Slamdance

DCC 4Life

What in the actual fuck?

The Rams are not playing around.
Yeah they are loading up for bear. They have to be considered the favorite in the NFC right now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah they are loading up for bear. They have to be considered the favorite in the NFC right now.
I don't think they were especially smart for trading a first for Cooks who I think is overrated.

But they are going for shock and awe.

Should be an interesting team to watch. McVay is a young coach and he is going to have to manage personalities.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't think they were especially smart for trading a first for Cooks who I think is overrated.

Should be an interesting team to watch. McVay is a young coach and he is going to have to manage personalities.

I agree, I don't love the trade. Cooks is a useful player but not worth a 1st.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Also agree. Bad value move. How about taking an offensive lineman at 23? Would seem to be the smart long term play for them. Cooks is 24; obviously not old, but he's not really even a number one WR. Kinda like a high end two, or a low end one.

Not a fan of that value.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Rock Slamdance

DCC 4Life
The New Orleans Saints are signing Chicago Bears restricted free-agent wide receiver Cameron Meredith to a two-year, $10 million offer sheet, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Meredith, 25, led the Bears with 66 receptions, 888 yards and four touchdowns in 2016. He missed the 2017 season after tearing his left ACL and suffering other knee ligament damage during a preseason game.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Also agree. Bad value move. How about taking an offensive lineman at 23? Would seem to be the smart long term play for them. Cooks is 24; obviously not old, but he's not really even a number one WR. Kinda like a high end two, or a low end one.

Not a fan of that value.
They feel their window is right now, and are replacing what Sammy Watkins brought to the offense last year. I don’t think they needed Cooks to be a number one.

They also got a 4th from the Patriots (basically a 5th).

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom