Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Watch the Patriots go ahead and trade for him.

They just cut Bennie Fowler a couple days after signing him.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Him unavailable does not ruin a thing. What we have available is trash.

Geez, I would just hate it if we had to dump Deonte Thompson for this guy. I mean, what would we do if something happened to him?
But what would be the point in having him on the roster if he is never available?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
But what would be the point in having him on the roster if he is never available?
There are two scenarios that come out of it with this player. He contributes with his potential or he is a slip up away from just being gone.

There should be no reason to worry about prepping for him and then having the plans dashed.

He could be special for a short term or just a waste.

Neither of which are a lot different from the gambit we are playing with Randy Gregory or even David Irving.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There are two scenarios that come out of it with this player. He contributes with his potential or he is a slip up away from just being gone.

There should be no reason to worry about prepping for him and then having the plans dashed.

He could be special for a short term or just a waste.

Neither of which are a lot different from the gambit we are playing with Randy Gregory or even David Irving.
So why add another?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Him unavailable does not ruin a thing. What we have available is trash.

Geez, I would just hate it if we had to dump Deonte Thompson for this guy. I mean, what would we do if something happened to him?
Yeah, and if we were to sign him, the first time he came up unavailable for a game you'd be in here bitching about how stupid this lazy front office was for signing an unreliable player like him.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Of course not. The roster is set. Can’t you see what’s being built here? Clearly, not the right kind of guy.
:picard

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
So why add another?
Talent, unless Gordon is facing a suspension(and I haven't seen anything to say he is) he is leaps and bounds better than every wr on our roster

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, and if we were to sign him, the first time he came up unavailable for a game you'd be in here bitching about how stupid this lazy front office was for signing an unreliable player like him.
Talent makes a big difference.

Michael Irvin was an incredible dipshit. But his talent outweighed it all and mitigated the risk.

Gambling on some dipshit like McClain, Hardy, Brent, Gregory, Irving, Lawrence and a myriad of others all have varied degrees of risk.

Gordon has special talent, at a level that is special.

The big problem this franchise has is identifying talent.

They misjudge it, ascribe a dork as special and there is the issue.

So yeah, I will bitch about the real problem, which is the talent evaluation and the risk/reward involved.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I wonder what Jerry would do if Gordon demanded to wear #12

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Just what we need, another unreliable head case. Irving and Gregory could use some more company.

Wouldn't doubt if we did it, though. Local guy (Baylor) and I'm pretty sure we bid on him in the supplemental draft.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Oh wow. He must have another suspension looming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom