2018 NFL Cuts & Signings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We weren't signing him regardless. We like Frazier and Heath too much and Woods should only miss one or two games at most.
You have to have 4 safeties. I just don't see anyone else on the roster worth the 4th spot. Iloka would certainly be worthy and would give us some insurance with all the young guys.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
You have to have 4 safeties. I just don't see anyone else on the roster worth the 4th spot. Iloka would certainly be worthy and would give us some insurance with all the young guys.
Of course but I'm guessing they'd prefer a younger cheap guy who doesn't threaten the status quo.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Of course but I'm guessing they'd prefer a younger cheap guy who doesn't threaten the status quo.
Probably. And if we had veteran starters I'd agree. But we have 3 pretty young and unproven guys already. Seems silly to add some undrafted camp fodder in there for the fourth guy. Ideally you'd have a draft pick there but we passed on the position in the draft.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Probably. And if we had veteran starters I'd agree. But we have 3 pretty young and unproven guys already. Seems silly to add some undrafted camp fodder in there for the fourth guy. Ideally you'd have a draft pick there but we passed on the position in the draft.
They will go after another chump that they claim is "experienced" and has "started in this league" but is low profile at the same time. Kind of like the Robert Blanton signing that went nowhere last year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They will go after another chump that they claim is "experienced" and has "started in this league" but is low profile at the same time. Kind of like the Robert Blanton signing that went nowhere last year.
Basically special teams ace who has a start or two in the NFL out of desperation. That's what I ultimately expect. But it's trash. Especially when we have lots of cap room.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Washington is kinda the veteran graveyard of the NFL. It's like a stain on your resume.

If that's the only place he can find employment, fine, but I think I'd rather sign just about anywhere else. The city is awful too.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
100%

Cotton

Staff member

Get on the damn phone, Jerry.

Cotton

Staff member

But, why?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

But, why?
Seems weird to me. Odd fit. Maybe the felt that since they lost Talib, they lost the criminal/thug element to their secondary.

Cotton

Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life

Takers?

p1_

DCC 4Life

Not that we need receivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom