Staff member

Make this happen, NFL.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Julius Peppers is calling it a career.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

It is going to piss me off when some very stupid team gives Roseman a 3rd for Foles.

He is horrible outside of a tailored system.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It is going to piss me off when some very stupid team gives Roseman a 3rd for Foles.

He is horrible outside of a tailored system.
I guess if some team thought they couldn't sign him as a FA, they might give up the 3rd. But they'd have to make the deal early. If not, why not just wait until they pull the tag off and let him go as a FA. There is no way they could afford to keep him on the tag. If they tried to hold out and keep the tag on him until the dead line, teams would have spent their FA money already. And it would fuck up their comp pick, depending on the size of contract he got then.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Seems like the Hall of Fame just got watered down. Was that most or all of the list of candidates this year?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
That was the inductees.
Yeah. I guess my question wasnt worded correctly. We had the list of the finalists a while ago and did all of the finalists make it in or just some? Seems like 8 is a lot and I didnt think it was a very good list.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah. I guess my question wasnt worded correctly. We had the list of the finalists a while ago and did all of the finalists make it in or just some? Seems like 8 is a lot and I didnt think it was a very good list.
It was just very uneven. Ed Reed was an all-timer.

I totally just assumed he was great, but my God, the man was incredible. He made so many plays you can forget them all.

Gonzales deserved to be first ballot for certain. Gil Brandt earned it too. Even Johnny Robinson was okay for the seniors inductee.

But the rest of the class is a bit weird.

Ty Law. Decent cornerback but never someone I watched and said, there's a future Hall of Famer.

Kevin Mawae. Same thing. Your stock 12 year lineman who was damn good, but gold jacket worthy? Boselli and Faneca were just as worthy.

Pat Bowlen. WGAS.

Chump Bailey?

Yeah, well this is my most vivid memory of him.

Image result for rocket ismail champ bailey

Completely overrated.

Isaac Bruce deserved to be in there if someone like Bailey got in. And Darren Woodson didn't even make it to the final cut and that is effing criminal.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Umm, yeah. He would be the perfect free agent addition for the Cowboys. Take the prized 3-T role in the defense and prosper.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Looks like the Falcons are releasing Matt Bryant, would ya despite his age?

The Atlanta Falcons are moving on from another veteran player.

On Wednesday, place kicker Matt Bryant announced that the organization released him, confirming the news on social media, a day after the team parted with cornerback Robert Alford.

“I was informed last night that the team was moving on from my services and that I would be released,” Bryant said in his message. “I want to say thank you to all the fans that have stood with me and my family during our time here. I take great pride in my body of work on and off the field.
https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Article/Atlanta-Falcons-release-Matt-Bryant-128775671/?fbclid=IwAR0A-sjtK3VgBKuEhB6F0hzvqo6CmUPbR_45HqGkpqPgvxFtMOXRwNT97l0

He's up there in his 40s but he was still solid last year.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This would surprise me, but it is coming from Jay Glazer.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Umm, yeah. He would be the perfect free agent addition for the Cowboys. Take the prized 3-T role in the defense and prosper.
Yeah, gimme him along with Earl Thomas. Let David Irving pound sand. Gimme a tight end in free agency as well, or maybe a mid-round pick trade for a young TE somewhere (like Cameron Brate).

You're ready to roll for next season.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Looks like the Steelers are going to try to move him.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
it will piss me off if he ends up going to Green Bay. They have an extra late first.
Send his sorry ass to Oakland. They have three 1st round picks, and Chucky hates rookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom