2018 Random NFL Stuff thread . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Yeah I can't. They lost their best player in the offseason. Their top draft pick isn't even going to play. Tyrod Taylor is not a good QB. Their draft doesn't impress me at all. I'm not a big fan of Chubb at RB.

I actually think the Browns are being overrated. Wish that wasn't the case but Landry and Taylor don't make me think of some massive turnaround.
What is your beef with Chubb?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The man wants to hitch his wagons to the Browns... That speaks volumes about his football knowledge.
This coming from a guy that's a doodie head.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Another safety off the market.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry man, but UGA had two #1 RBs.
And one was off the charts awesome. And the other was just meh in my opinion. I remember in 2015 thinking Chubb was going to be a star. His 2016 season just didn't look that good. And when I watched Georgia last year he just didn't look that great to me. And I know he averaged 6 YPC still. And I could be totally wrong with him. But there was just such a gap between what he looked like and what Sony looked like.

Plus I've never been a big fan of split backfields. It was the same reason I didn't like Felix when we drafted him. Sloppy seconds.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
And one was off the charts awesome. And the other was just meh in my opinion. I remember in 2015 thinking Chubb was going to be a star. His 2016 season just didn't look that good. And when I watched Georgia last year he just didn't look that great to me. And I know he averaged 6 YPC still. And I could be totally wrong with him. But there was just such a gap between what he looked like and what Sony looked like.

Plus I've never been a big fan of split backfields. It was the same reason I didn't like Felix when we drafted him. Sloppy seconds.
He took over when Gurley left and was on a path to stardom until knee and ankle injuries slowed him down. He still looked great each time he came back from injury. While he does seem like he played second fiddle to Michel, Chubb still put up great numbers. I think he'll do great as a featured back in the NFL since he's still relatively fresh as far as mileage on his legs go.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He took over when Gurley left and was on a path to stardom until knee and ankle injuries slowed him down. He still looked great each time he came back from injury. While he does seem like he played second fiddle to Michel, Chubb still put up great numbers. I think he'll do great as a featured back in the NFL since he's still relatively fresh as far as mileage on his legs go.
I also don't think that Cleveland O-line is going to do him any favors without Joe Thomas.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm kind of with C-rock. The Browns may win six games on improved talent alone but I'm just not a fan of bringing in all these vets and expecting things to work coherently right away. And even though I like OU, I'm pretty skeptical of Mayfield.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

At 1 year, $1.5 - $3 mil at that.

Why in tarnation would we not be interested in that?

Sounds like a no brainer to me. Even if he didn't work out you can walk in a year with no consequences.

Our attitude here is baffling.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
At 1 year, $1.5 - $3 mil at that.

Why in tarnation would we not be interested in that?

Sounds like a no brainer to me. Even if he didn't work out you can walk in a year with no consequences.

Our attitude here is baffling.
I agree. That's cheap even for a depth guy. There would have been zero risk involved.

The problem is we just can't seem to ever see the value in other teams players compared to our own.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

We lak what we have at safety - Jerry & Goof Son

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

:gayflag

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Our week 1 opponent, the Carolina Panthers, may have lost their RT to a knee injury.

Daryl Williams went down with a non-contact injury during practice today.

Prayers up to the former Sooner.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Wait, we play Carolina week 1?

Dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom