2018 Random NFL Stuff thread . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

data

Forbes #1
This isn't a courtroom.
This practice is likely done in private and public schools, too, to reduce suspensions or avoid expulsion.

Bottom line is that the rules are clearly stated and the players broke it. Why is it the league’s bad to want to flush out other violators? I wish they would’ve violated Merriman earlier so there wasn’t any controversy we had with Ware

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What’s wrong with this? Our police and courts, criminal justice system does the same. Reduced sentencing for cooperation, testimony and naming others.
Yeah I'm not sure I really have a problem with it. Especially when it comes to PED's. I think performance enhancing drugs is something that can cause real issues with the integrity of the game. We aren't talking about players smoking weed on this one. Or one player claiming they saw another strike a women. I think PED's are something totally different and they impact the playing field on game day. I don't want the Patriots finding a substance that helps their team and gives them an unfair advantage against other teams for example and works the system so that no one gets caught.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Plus the league doesn't want to be sued when players drop dead from rampant PED use and it's claimed they turned a blind eye.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

So, they have this flag football shit on NFLN as a featured thing, with playoffs and all.

If this is the future of professional football, count me out.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

So, they have this flag football shit on NFLN as a featured thing, with playoffs and all.

If this is the future of professional football, count me out.
Yeah I don't know how anyone could take it seriously.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Not to judge a book by its cover but he looks like he was born to DUI.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
NFL will be 2-hand touch in 10 years.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
NFL will be 2-hand touch in 10 years.
The way they are pimping the flag football thing, it could be a bigger deal if the concussion stuff continues. It seems far-fetched but never underestimate someone not wanting to get sued.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
The way they are pimping the flag football thing, it could be a bigger deal if the concussion stuff continues. It seems far-fetched but never underestimate someone not wanting to get sued.

I don't discount it at all.

You'd think that at that point, another league would be able to spring up and take over the old physical style of play.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I should think the probability for getting sued could be lowered considerably since there is a lot of information about football and concussions as a general matter. The world is on notice that it is almost a probability that a player will have one or more concussions if they engage in the sport. That lessens the chances of the NFL gretting sued especially if the contract contains a clause of notice going forward. A player essentially chooses to ignore the risk at their own peril.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The NFL jail log has picked up steam in recent weeks.

BTW, I was listening to Lebatard yesterday and he was essentially ripping Goodell because after 10 years of him being the "law and order" commissioner there are still incidents of players beating women and such.

I'm not a fan of Goodell either but it's pretty retarded to slam a commissioner just because he has players getting into trouble. Counting practice squad players and other camp bodies, there are points in the year where there are well over 2,300 players on NFL rosters. When you have that many individuals a few of them are bound to get into trouble from time to time.

And even if you banish the current group of troublemakers, the next round of inbound players are bound to have a few bad apples in there as well. So there will never be a time when the NFL, or any large organization for that matter, will be 100% free of disciplinary issues.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Pretty rare to see an ex-coach this candid.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
The NFL jail log has picked up steam in recent weeks.

BTW, I was listening to Lebatard yesterday and he was essentially ripping Goodell because after 10 years of him being the "law and order" commissioner there are still incidents of players beating women and such.

I'm not a fan of Goodell either but it's pretty retarded to slam a commissioner just because he has players getting into trouble. Counting practice squad players and other camp bodies, there are points in the year where there are well over 2,300 players on NFL rosters. When you have that many individuals a few of them are bound to get into trouble from time to time.

And even if you banish the current group of troublemakers, the next round of inbound players are bound to have a few bad apples in there as well. So there will never be a time when the NFL, or any large organization for that matter, will be 100% free of disciplinary issues.
Not only that, but some are ex-players. And let's face it, there has to be a certain taste for violence to play NFL football in most positions.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
DeMarco Murray just announced his retirement.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I know there are still some people that treasure his 2014, but that fumble against the Packers was basically something that cost us the game.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom