X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    Also, the notion that teams don't fulfill their end of contracts is fucking retarded.
    Yeah the contract terms are what the contract terms are. It's a business. No different than when a player holds out for a bigger pay day when he has years left on his contract. If you want a guaranteed contract there is nothing stopping a player from doing that. Look at Cousin's contract.

I never understood the concept that teams were somehow screwing players but not fully guaranteeing contracts. You're simply not getting paid for work that you're not doing.

Comment

Wait, we play Carolina week 1?

Dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria.

Ayuh, and we need to assemble the DCC East Coast Chapter.

Comment

• Thomas' agent tweet:

Right, your clients don't benefit at all from capitalism.
        2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Comment

• Originally posted by Chocolate Lab View Post
          Thomas' agent tweet:

Right, your clients don't benefit at all from capitalism.
          Those poor athletes and their millions of dollars.

By the way, fans root for teams. They don't root for players. Teams win or lose games. Teams win superbowls. Players come and go but the teams are consistently there.

Comment

He's totally wrong.

Players come and go. The team is what I root for, end of story.
            Yep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
              Yeah the contract terms are what the contract terms are. It's a business. No different than when a player holds out for a bigger pay day when he has years left on his contract. If you want a guaranteed contract there is nothing stopping a player from doing that. Look at Cousin's contract.

I never understood the concept that teams were somehow screwing players but not fully guaranteeing contracts. You're simply not getting paid for work that you're not doing.
              Which is why more players are pushing for fully guaranteed contracts. And I don't blame them at all for that.

The point I brought up was how when players do hold out for more money, fans tend to side with the team and slam the player for not honoring the contract. However, when the team cuts the player early, those same fans are suddenly silent when it comes to honoring contact terms.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
                The point I brought up was how when players do hold out for more money, fans tend to side with the team and slam the player for not honoring the contract. However, when the team cuts the player early, those same fans are suddenly silent when it comes to honoring contact terms.
                Pretty easy to figure out why. Fans want their teams to be able to operate without being tight up against the cap. And 99% of the time, the player is cut because their play has fallen off and doesn't justify their salary. Which brings us back full circle. The team will always be here, players come and go.

Look no further than this board. Each year guys here are complaining about players that are not living up to their contract. Saying they should be cut.

Will you go on record supporting Tyrone Crawford? The team is honoring his contract by keeping him.

Comment

• 2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
                    Which is why more players are pushing for fully guaranteed contracts. And I don't blame them at all for that.

The contract gives the team the option of employing the player each year. Cutting the player “early” isn’t actually the team failing to live up to their end. The team said “we will pay you handsomely to give us the option to employ you at these salaries,” and most players can’t wait to sign on the dotted line cause they make nowhere near that money doing anything else BESIDES playing football.

A player holding out, therefore, IS failing to live up to his end, while a team cutting a player is not.

Comment

• Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
                      The contract gives the team the option of employing the player each year. Cutting the player “early” isn’t actually the team failing to live up to their end. The team said “we will pay you handsomely to give us the option to employ you at these salaries,” and most players can’t wait to sign on the dotted line cause they make nowhere near that money doing anything else BESIDES playing football.

A player holding out, therefore, IS failing to live up to his end, while a team cutting a player is not.
                      That is the bottom line to all this. Its a job folks and the player is the employee. The employee should never have more of an advantage or say so than the owner. If the player wants to direct the terms then become an owner.
                      Since Day One

Comment

• 2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by jsmith6919 View Post
                          I'd watch that game for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                            I'd watch that game for sure.
                            It's on espn2, I already set my dvr just in case
                            2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Comment

It's on espn2, I already set my dvr just in case
                              Oh nice. Which it's funny that I'll watch the worst team in the CFL play but I wouldn't even bother with their championship game.

Comment

#Fire Garrett

Comment

Working...
                                X