2018 Random NFL Stuff thread . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Wow.
The funny thing is two weeks ago after Switzer made a couple of catches in a game, Raiders fans were on Twitter bragging about fleecing the Cowboys in the trade.

:lol

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The funny thing is two weeks ago after Switzer made a couple of catches in a game, Raiders fans were on Twitter bragging about fleecing the Cowboys in the trade.

:lol
Even funnier is that the cost is only swapping 5th and 6th round picks. He's so valuable the Steelers got him for almost nothing.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Evidently Aaron Rodgers is getting paid.

Aaron Rodgers will get a new contract and he will be a very rich man. According to former Packers receiver James Jones who is now with the NFL Network, Rodgers has agreed to a four-year contract extension with $34 million in new money. The two-time MVP will also get over $100 million in guarantees, which makes the total amount roughly $134 million. Rodgers had two years remaining on last deal which he signed during the 2013 NFL Draft and that deal was for five years and $110 million with $54 million guaranteed.
https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Bolt/Aaron-Rodgers-agrees-to-new-contract-with-Packers--116172236/

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If he was acquired for a Day 3 pick, I'm gonna be upset we didn't pursue that.
3rd rounder.

Nice deal for the Jets. Signed him to a 1 year contract this spring as a FA, then flip him for a 3rd round pick.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
3rd rounder.

Nice deal for the Jets. Signed him to a 1 year contract this spring as a FA, then flip him for a 3rd round pick.
Yeah no kidding. Basically a free third rounder for whatever signing bonus you gave the guy. I'd be homering out if we pulled that off.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Probably more than I would have given up.
Guys on the NFL radio are speculating that Brees might hang 'em up after this year (39 yrs old), and Bridgewater will step in next year as their starter. Gives Bridgewater another year to recover from that horrific knee injury, while learning under a HOFer for a year. If this is true, a 3rd rounder is a relatively small price to pay for a starting QB.

Last edited:

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Jets better pray Darnold is as good as advertised...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys on the NFL radio are speculating that this might be Brees might hang 'em up after this year (39 yrs old), and Bridgewater will step in next year as their starter. Gives Bridgewater another year to recover from that horrific knee injury, while learning under a HOFer for a year. If this is true, a 3rd rounder is a relatively small price to pay for a starting QB.
Yeah this was my first thought as well. I'm guessing the Saints are looking at him as a guy to groom as a potential starter when Brees is done. With that in mind it's worth it for the Saints. Although it's unfortunate for them that they couldn't have just signed him in free agency. I don't know if they tried or not.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Yeah this was my first thought as well. I'm guessing the Saints are looking at him as a guy to groom as a potential starter when Brees is done. With that in mind it's worth it for the Saints. Although it's unfortunate for them that they couldn't have just signed him in free agency. I don't know if they tried or not.
Teddy was probably looking to be a starter now, not after yet another year on the bench. Watch NO trade him to Jax in a few weeks for a 2nd.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Teddy was probably looking to be a starter now, not after yet another year on the bench. Watch NO trade him to Jax in a few weeks for a 2nd.
Yeah Jacksonville is exactly who I thought should have gotten him. He'd have a Superbowl ready team that he would be a 4 INT game by Bortles away from taking over.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Well shit.

She is now off my spank it list.

p1_

DCC 4Life

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener