2018 Random NFL Stuff thread . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

BipolarFuk

Demoted

Looks like the RB market has finally rebounded.
Well, RBs that do it all are worth it.

If you run like a beast, catch like a WR, and block your ass off in protection I think RBs will continue to get paid.

Guys who just run? No.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Well, RBs that do it all are worth it.

If you run like a beast, catch like a WR, and block your ass off in protection I think RBs will continue to get paid.

Guys who just run? No.
And yet you think Saquon Barkley is better than Zeke.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
And yet you think Saquon Barkley is better than Zeke.
It's still TBD, but if I had to put money on it, I do think Barkley will be a better RB than Zeke.

Barkley is one of those all purpose RBs that will stay on the field all 3 downs. He a capable receiving option. He was one of McSorley's top targets in the passing game.

Plus he's a great KR. He won't be handling KR responsibilities in the NFL but the Giants have the option of throwing him back there in key situations.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It's still TBD, but if I had to put money on it, I do think Barkley will be a better RB than Zeke.

Barkley is one of those all purpose RBs that will stay on the field all 3 downs. He a capable receiving option. He was one of McSorley's top targets in the passing game.

Plus he's a great KR. He won't be handling KR responsibilities in the NFL but the Giants have the option of throwing him back there in key situations.
I'm not so sure about that.

I loved Barkley at Penn State and I believe he's going to be a successful NFL RB. But I do think he's more of outside the tackles kind of runner and those types don't tend to dominate, even if they are successful players.

Look at LeSean McCoy. Great talent, unreal athleticism, but you can't put the gameplan around him in January on the road when it's 34 degrees on a grass field.

Zeke is that type of guy. He may not be the receiver that Barkley is, but he's no slouch in that department either and he's also a fantastic blocker.

Zeke has all the tools you want in a RB and I think that he will be the best RB in football for a number of years so long as he doesn't derail his own career.

He's special.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I'm not so sure about that.

I loved Barkley at Penn State and I believe he's going to be a successful NFL RB. But I do think he's more of outside the tackles kind of runner and those types don't tend to dominate, even if they are successful players.

Look at LeSean McCoy. Great talent, unreal athleticism, but you can't put the gameplan around him in January on the road when it's 34 degrees on a grass field.

Zeke is that type of guy. He may not be the receiver that Barkley is, but he's no slouch in that department either and he's also a fantastic blocker.

Zeke has all the tools you want in a RB and I think that he will be the best RB in football for a number of years so long as he doesn't derail his own career.

He's special.
?

He's played his entire career for cold weather teams, and has had some incredible games in blizzard-like conditions.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
?

He's played his entire career for cold weather teams, and has had some incredible games in blizzard-like conditions.
Yes, at the college level where he outruns everyone.

I want to see if he can put his head down and grind out 4 ypc in those conditions at the NFL level.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cujo

DCC 4Life

Not exactly a contender.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I think they are going to be better this year than most are predicting.
Agreed. If Mayfield doesn't completely shit on himself, I think they'll be a classically decent team in another year or two. They have a lot of good young talent.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That may be true but 4 wins for them would be a massive improvement. They still aren't a good team.
I could see them doing as well as 6-8 wins this year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I could see them doing as well as 6-8 wins this year.
Yeah I can't. They lost their best player in the offseason. Their top draft pick isn't even going to play. Tyrod Taylor is not a good QB. Their draft doesn't impress me at all. I'm not a big fan of Chubb at RB.

I actually think the Browns are being overrated. Wish that wasn't the case but Landry and Taylor don't make me think of some massive turnaround.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yeah I can't. They lost their best player in the offseason. Their top draft pick isn't even going to play. Tyrod Taylor is not a good QB. Their draft doesn't impress me at all. I'm not a big fan of Chubb at RB.

I actually think the Browns are being overrated. Wish that wasn't the case but Landry and Taylor don't make me think of some massive turnaround.
I hope Mayfield plays.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Let’s bookmark this next to your Zack Martin predictions. :unsure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom