2018 Random NFL Stuff thread . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And then Brad Johnson fell off a fucking cliff.
Exactly.

And he falls into that 2nd category of guys I mentioned who became backups late in their careers, but many of them had nothing left even at that point and Brad Johnson is a glaring example of that.

He had no arm whatsoever by the time he had been relegated to a backup.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Exactly.

And he falls into that 2nd category of guys I mentioned who became backups late in their careers, but many of them had nothing left even at that point and Brad Johnson is a glaring example of that.

He had no arm whatsoever by the time he had been relegated to a backup.
Yeah when you have a weak arm to start with it really becomes a problem when you start to lose the little strength you have. Sort of like a WR who isn't fast to start with. When you lose the little you had it really becomes a problem.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good, I hope they start him! Honestly I'd watch a game that he starts in the CFL. Otherwise I probably will watch none.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Good, I hope they start him! Honestly I'd watch a game that he starts in the CFL. Otherwise I probably will watch none.
Montreal is coached by Sherman who was the coach at A&M who recruited him so hopefully he will get a chance

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
This Josh Gordon news release sounds kind of fishy. He and the Browns released a statement saying he won't be at the start of camp because he's focusing on his mental and physical health.

Usually where there's smoke there's fire. Wouldn't surprise me if news eventually comes out that he failed another test or missed a test.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This Josh Gordon news release sounds kind of fishy. He and the Browns released a statement saying he won't be at the start of camp because he's focusing on his mental and physical health.

Usually where there's smoke there's fire. Wouldn't surprise me if news eventually comes out that he failed another test or missed a test.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

1bigfan13

Staff member
Hopefully this is true. I'm rooting for the guy and want to see what he can do with a full season.

He and Mayfield have the potential to shatter 'WR/QB combo' records. Marino/Clayton. Montana/Rice. Manning/Harrison. Mayfield/Gordon.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Why would he delete that? Seems innocent enough.

Cotton

Staff member
He and Mayfield have the potential to shatter 'WR/QB combo' records. Marino/Clayton. Montana/Rice. Manning/Harrison. Mayfield/Gordon.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Maybe we can get him in exchange for Dexter Coakley?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

1bigfan13

Staff member
I think he eventually gets moved, the question is how much will it cost a team to pry him from Seattle.

Personally I like the player and think he'd be a great addition for a team who is close. For that reason I hope the Cowboys don't try to bend over backwards to get Thomas out of Seattle.

I get he wants to go to Big D and the Cowboys have a need at FS, but ET would just be another big name with a big salary on an average football team in Dallas.

Cotton

Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Wish there was a way to get him without paying $10mil+/year, he's too close to old for that much.

Cotton

Staff member

Looks like the RB market has finally rebounded.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Looks like the RB market has finally rebounded.
Aaron Donald would look great with a star on his helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom