2018 Random NFL Stuff thread . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
It looks like the NFL has taken over all the teams' websites and they're all basic clones of one another... and the whole mess sucks.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It looks like the NFL has taken over all the teams' websites and they're all basic clones of one another... and the whole mess sucks.
I noticed that a few weeks ago.

Back in the day I used to enjoy sniffing around random teams' websites just to check out the layout and content. But now there's not much of a difference between the sites.

1bigfan13

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cujo

DCC 4Life

He handled that very well. Glad he didn't take any shit from Cowturd.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This shit is just weird.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I guess this is Kam Chancellor's retirement.

1bigfan13

Staff member
He handled that very well. Glad he didn't take any shit from Cowturd.
Yep. Cowherd's a smug SOB who loves telling half-truths and editing material in order to support his stance on a topic.

He's been wrong on so many things lately that the Freezing Cold Takes twitter account should create a sub "Cowherd only" account. I guess his schtick/show is for entertainment purposes only because it damn sure isn't for journalistic material and integrity.

1bigfan13

Staff member

I guess this is Kam Chancellor's retirement.
I think everyone saw this one coming. Funny thing is the play where he injured his neck didn't look particularly violent. Kinda like the play that ended Michael Irvin's career.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yep. Cowherd's a smug SOB who loves telling half-truths and editing material in order to support his stance on a topic.

He's been wrong on so many things lately that the Freezing Cold Takes twitter account should create a sub "Cowherd only" account. I guess his schtick/show is for entertainment purposes only because it damn sure isn't for journalistic material and integrity.
Maybe both of them turds can run a radio show together in 4 years.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
NFL used Third of July afternoon to dump a lot of suspension news
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 4, 2018, 10:41 AM EDT

The Friday afternoon news dump is one of the oldest pages in the politics and public relations playbook: There’s a long-held belief that on weekends, people don’t consume much news, so if you want to put bad news out, you put it out on Friday afternoon, when few people are paying attention.

But even better than the Friday afternoon news dump is the pre-holiday news dump: Holidays are the days when Americans really don’t feel like checking the news. And the NFL took advantage of that on the third of July.

As Americans started leaving their offices for an Independence Day off, the NFL dumped plenty of news about player suspensions. Reuben Foster‘s suspension for gun and marijuana offenses was announced around 3 p.m. Jamon Brown‘s two-game suspension was announced half an hour later. And Aaron Jones‘ suspension was announced half an hour after that. That evening, word leaked that Julian Edelman had lost the appeal of his four-game suspension.

The NFL has a long history of employing the Friday afternoon news dump, or the pre-holiday news dump. But it’s worth wondering whether that tactic still works: The news dump dates back to the days when people got their news from the morning paper, and Saturday was the day when newspaper circulation was the lowest. In today’s media environment, there’s just no way to bury any kind of news. The NFL can try, but it can’t bury news anymore.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's a shame but the NFL is shady as hell.

Gee...ya think?

Cotton

Staff member

Gee...ya think?
Wow.

data

Forbes #1
What’s wrong with this? Our police and courts, criminal justice system does the same. Reduced sentencing for cooperation, testimony and naming others.

Cotton

Staff member
What’s wrong with this? Our police and courts, criminal justice system does the same. Reduced sentencing for cooperation, testimony and naming others.
This isn't a courtroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom