2018 Random NFL Stuff thread . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I hope he signs with the Saints. Something about Sean Payton and Manziel intrigues me.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Jesus.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol @ the Eagles

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:lol @ the Eagles
Old and crippled? Is she white? If so, he's fucked.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:lol@ the Giants

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Some are now speculating things have gone so bad that if someone offered the Giants a first for him, they would take it.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Posting because it supports my argument.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Some are now speculating things have gone so bad that if someone offered the Giants a first for him, they would take it.
I wouldn't even offer a 1st for him. I think in the eyes of NFL GMs and coaches, Beckham is a lot more volatile and toxic than a guy like Zeke.

Great talent but he's clearly immature and dumb as hell.

He's angling for a contract extension yet he can't go one month without being in the news for something idiotic that he or a member of his entourage are involved in. He should be on his best behavior right now.

You think he's doing too much now, just imagine what he'll get into once he's locked into a lucrative long-term deal.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I know Dallas wouldn't but even if I were running a team no way in hell I'd trade a first for him.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
So if we can assume that DPI is a spot foul because if not for the interference the pass had a good chance of being completed at the spot where the interference occurred, then doesn't it make sense to give the victim of the interference the ball at the spot where the foul occurred?

I just don't see the logic or reasoning in making it a 15 yard penalty.

Genghis Khan

Now, if you want to eliminate the ticky tack calls I'm all for that as long as it's clear.

But making it a 15 yard penalty because of ticky tack calls is throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
So if we can assume that DPI is a spot foul because if not for the interference the pass had a good chance of being completed at the spot where the interference occurred, then doesn't it make sense to give the victim of the interference the ball at the spot where the foul occurred?

There should be a 15-yarder for the ticky tack bullshit where WR's basically jump into DB's with their heads turned from the ball and a spot foul when the DB's clearly grab/pull/lunge at the WR's when they're beaten to keep them from making the catch.

It's yet another rule that is up to the referee's interpretation but I think it's better than 50 yard PI penalties on flimsy sell jobs from WR's. The 50+ yard PI on Lewis on 4th down at the end of the game in Oakland last year comes to mind.

Genghis Khan

There should be a 15-yarder for the ticky tack bullshit where WR's basically jump into DB's with their heads turned from the ball and a spot foul when the DB's clearly grab/pull/lunge at the WR's when they're beaten to keep them from making the catch.

It's yet another rule that is up to the referee's interpretation but I think it's better than 50 yard PI penalties on flimsy sell jobs from WR's. The 50+ yard PI on Lewis on 4th down at the end of the game in Oakland last year comes to mind.

Or just don't call the ticky tack bullshit anymore.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Or just don't call the ticky tack bullshit anymore.
Sure but I don't think there's anything wrong with an added layer of protection from referee idiocy. One could argue this adds a layer to the stupidity but overall I think it'd be a help.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

The problem is that's not really the standard. The standard is simply that the ball is "catchable." A lot of the passes that get interfered with would probably still hit the ground if it wasn't for the interference. And that's why there is some push back on teams basically chucking the ball up deep knowing their guy is either catching it or likely to get a PI. But I agree with you, refs need to change and stop calling this rule so heavily in favor of the offensive player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom