2018 Random NFL Stuff thread . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This explains why they loaded up on OTs yesterday.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
How do you not stick around another year or two to see if they can become relevant?

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Because it's the Browns and he doesn't want to stick around until he's forty? :shrug

The guy is in his thirties and has made his money. I think he was placed on IR last year, so maybe that and being a senior in NFL years caused him to think about life after football.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Good. Didn't want us to get stuck with that game.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Beckham roller coaster continues...

http://https://nypost.com/2018/03/09/video-of-odell-beckham-jr-with-suspicious-looking-substances-surfaces-online/

Good news is that it’s not him lining the coke

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Why would his lawyer's not want us to think it's him?

Do you know where this was?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
[FONT=&quot]According to witnesses & video footage, OBJ, or a very impressive look-a-like, was out his mind & body when a member of his entourage squared-off against a local thug who only wanted to snatch his girlfriend away from the VIP section. As the fight ensued, Beckham (or a very impressive look-a-like), like a boxing referee, attempted to disband the fighters blows, but was crushed behind the head with a smashing left-hook.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Odell, or his doppelganger, immediately dropped to the floor like a sack of potatoes & didn’t wake until sunrise.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Beckham’s camp has denied all allegations of the fight & his lawyer released a press statement claiming the wide receiver was not in the state of Georgia on the night of the incident. Beckham’s legal team has vowed to sue all media outlets reporting the incident in hopes of salvagingOBJ’s diminishing reputation.[/FONT]

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
It's almost time for a "Laugh @ Odell" Thread.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Good. Would have been a terrible idea.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good. Would have been a terrible idea.
Yeah I mean I hate when a team gets 60 yards on a bullshit call by the refs (Didn't that happen to us with the Raiders). But I'm not sure I'm comfortable the other direction where a team is trying to get back into a game and the defense just hacks guys 50 yards down field knowing they will only give up 15.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Yeah I mean I hate when a team gets 60 yards on a bullshit call by the refs (Didn't that happen to us with the Raiders). But I'm not sure I'm comfortable the other direction where a team is trying to get back into a game and the defense just hacks guys 50 yards down field knowing they will only give up 15.
I've seen quite a few people make this argument but from what I've observed it's not a huge issue in college football. So I wouldn't assume that a rule change will suddenly lead to a ton intentional PI penalties at the pro level. I don't understand why people are concerned about defenses abusing the rule but are fine with the current system where offensive players repeatedly get away with manipulative techniques to purposely bait refs into calling the penalty.

I'm in favor of the rule change because PI is largely a subjective penalty. Far too often refs will reward an offensive player huge chunks of yardage simply because they thought they saw something.

I'd be willing to bet that there are far more instances of refs incorrectly awarding 30+ yard PI penalties than there'd be of a DB intentionally hacking a WR 40 yards down field.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've seen quite a few people make this argument but from what I've observed it's not a huge issue in college football. So I wouldn't assume that a rule change will suddenly lead to a ton intentional PI penalties at the pro level. I don't understand why people are concerned about defenses abusing the rule but are fine with the current system where offensive players repeatedly get away with manipulative techniques to purposely bait refs into calling the penalty.

I'm in favor of the rule change because PI is largely a subjective penalty. Far too often refs will reward an offensive player huge chunks of yardage simply because they thought they saw something.

I'd be willing to bet that there are far more instances of refs incorrectly awarding 30+ yard PI penalties than there'd be of a DB intentionally hacking a WR 40 yards down field.
And that may be right. I certainly don't claim to have the right answer to this. But I do hate when refs artificially put points on the board with a PI call that didn't actually happen.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
:jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom