2018 Random NFL Stuff thread . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Terrell Suggs set to be a FA for the first time after the season but has no plans to retire. I remember some fans that wanted him over TNew back in 2003.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...s-long-career/
Pretty crazy that the guy is still going strong. That seems like so long ago. At 36 though he should just return to the Ravens and play out his career. I don't really see the fit in Dallas with all our young DEs.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
All these analyst bitching about Baker Mayfield's "antics". Give me a break. You want that kind of fire from your team leader. The dude has been playing at an MVP level for the past month.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Trade an average coach for a shitty one.
Yea and I've seen numerous reports last couple years ownership loves Hue so I believe this will happen, it's has to suck being a Bengal fan

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yea and I've seen numerous reports last couple years ownership loves Hue so I believe this will happen, it's has to suck being a Bengal fan
Maybe we can pass off Garrett to be their OC

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I just saw that Chargers TE Hunter Henry is expected to play this weekend.

IIRC, he blew out his ACL back in May. The advances they've made in the treatment of knee injuries is incredible. Seven plus months post-surgery and he's cleared to play in an NFL game. Simply remarkable.

On a similar note, that surgery that Tua Tongavaisomehting had on his high ankle sprain appears to be a game changer as well. Until Tua's treatment I'd never heard of anyone having surgery to treat a high ankle sprain. Normally treatment required tons of rest and rehab for roughly 4-6 weeks. Thanks to this surgery It's looking like they're going to be able to cut that recovery timeline in half in the very near future.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just saw that Chargers TE Hunter Henry is expected to play this weekend.

IIRC, he blew out his ACL back in May. The advances they've made in the treatment of knee injuries is incredible. Seven month six plus months post-surgery and he's cleared to play in an NFL game. Simply remarkable.

On a similar note, that surgery that Tua Tongavaisomehting had on his high ankle sprain appears to be a game changer as well. Until Tua's treatment I'd never heard of anyone having surgery to treat a high ankle sprain. Normally treatment required tons of rest and rehab for roughly 4-6 weeks. Thanks to this surgery It's looking like they're going to be able to cut that recovery timeline in half in the very near future.
David Irving should have had that surgery. Apparently Alabama is the only ones doing it right now but yeah I imagine it will hit the NFL in a big way soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom