2018 Random NFL Stuff thread . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I know there are still some people that treasure his 2014, but that fumble against the Packers was basically something that cost us the game.
Are you implying that Murray drank too much? :unsure

DLK150

DCC 4Life
DeMarco Murray just announced his retirement.
Good RB for a few years, best wishes to him and he made his money, he'll be fine. I've said it before but players like him that take a lot of contact are smart to call it quits while they're still healthy enough to have a life after football.

Cotton

Staff member

Barkley hasn't even played a down of Pro ball yet. GTFOH with this nonsense.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also sounded to me like it was a deal that the Steelers could get out of easily. At least that's what it sounded like on the Radio. Something like a 10 mil signing bonus. But maybe they were stating it wrong.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Take a fucking hike, Bell.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

Vinnie. I regret nothing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah hell no.

I'd probably go with Jake Plummer.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What, no Grossman?
Sexy Rexy is intriguing. I'm not a fan of Vinny though. He was just so bad when he was in Dallas. I realize that it was the tail end of his career and he had better years when he was younger but it left a bad taste in my mouth. Plus he isn't a guy I'd just plug in and wing it with. I'd prefer a guy with some improvisational skills.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Feel like it depends when in their career. I think Vinny, Plummer, Delhomme, Flutie, Johnson, Pennington and Collins all have arguments.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Give me Billy Volek, he was a decent backup for a couple years.

data

Forbes #1

Chad Hutchinson

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Feel like it depends when in their career. I think Vinny, Plummer, Delhomme, Flutie, Johnson, Pennington and Collins all have arguments.
Absolutely.

If we are talking about at their peak, then you gotta look at the guys that were pro-bowlers or borderline pro-bowlers.

Pennington, Delhomme, Brad Johnson, Kerry Collins, David Garrard, etc. all played really good football at their peak. But of that group, I'd probably go with Pennington because he was a really smart guy and he didn't make many mistakes, and that's what you'd want from a spot backup in an emergency situation.

If you have to choose from when these guys became backup QBs, then I'm probably going Kitna or Volek because most of those guys had become quite poor by time they transitioned into a backup guy.

And finally, if it's at the end of their careers and you were picking based on how they performed in their very last days as an NFL player, then I'd probably go with Grossman.

Cotton

Staff member
Absolutely.

If we are talking about at their peak, then you gotta look at the guys that were pro-bowlers or borderline pro-bowlers.

Pennington, Delhomme, Brad Johnson, Kerry Collins, David Garrard, etc. all played really good football at their peak. But of that group, I'd probably go with Pennington because he was a really smart guy and he didn't make many mistakes, and that's what you'd want from a spot backup in an emergency situation.

If you have to choose from when these guys became backup QBs, then I'm probably going Kitna or Volek because most of those guys had become quite poor by time they transitioned into a backup guy.

And finally, if it's at the end of their careers and you were picking based on how they performed in their very last days as an NFL player, then I'd probably go with Grossman.
And then Brad Johnson fell off a fucking cliff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom