2018 Random NFL Stuff thread . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
AP sources: Tepper to buy Panthers for record $2.2 billion
By STEVE REED

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The Carolina Panthers are being sold for an NFL-record $2.2 billion.

Hedge fund manager David Tepper has agreed to buy the Panthers from team founder Jerry Richardson, two people familiar with the situation said Tuesday. The people spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the team has not yet announced the sale.

The purchase is subject to a vote at the NFL owners meeting next week in Atlanta.

Richardson announced in December he was selling the team amid an NFL investigation into sexual and racial misconduct in the workplace. That decision came after a report by Sports Illustrated detailing Richardson's alleged misconduct.

The league's investigation into the allegations is still ongoing.

The price tag is the most ever paid for an NFL franchise, eclipsing the $1.4 billion the Pegula family paid to purchase the Buffalo Bills in 2014.

Born and raised in Pittsburgh, Tepper, 60, is a part owner of the Steelers and founder and president of Appaloosa Management, a global hedge fund based in Miami.

Because he holds a 5 percent stake in the Steelers, Tepper's finances already have been vetted by the league, meaning it wouldn't take much for NFL owners to approve the sale. However, Tepper would have to sell his minority ownership stake of the Steelers, per league rules.

Forbes listed Tepper's net worth at $11.4 billion in February 2017.

Tepper is known for his philanthropy.

He donated $55 million to Carnegie Mellon University's business school in 2013. Tepper graduated from the University of Pittsburgh and Carnegie Mellon, where the Tepper School of Business is named after him.

Richardson was the first and only majority of the Panthers. He became only the first former player since George Halas to become an NFL owner when he was awarded an expansion franchise in 1993. Richardson promised fans at the time the Panthers would win a Super Bowl "within 10 years." Carolina has reached the Super Bowl twice, including in 2015, but has never won.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Where he should have been drafted in the first place.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
All I have to say is the new kickoff thing and the elimination of the three point stance is completely gay and it is the beginning of the end for me in terms of giving a shit about NFL ball.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
All I have to say is the new kickoff thing and the elimination of the three point stance is completely gay and it is the beginning of the end for me in terms of giving a shit about NFL ball.
WTH?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member
:towel

Cotton

Staff member
The leading with the helmet rules will eventually end up affecting the stance if it is enforced strictly.
That would be the last straw for me.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It would be awesome if no black players ever came out for the anthem ever again.
And if that came to be, I would give less than the smallest possible shit.

This is no longer about even what Kaepernick was doing it for.

Now you have players that are stating they plan to only "protest" out of spite.

Grow the fuck up.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
And if that came to be, I would give less than the smallest possible shit.

This is no longer about even what Kaepernick was doing it for.

Now you have players that are stating they plan to only "protest" out of spite.

Grow the fuck up.
They should of just went back to keeping the players in the locker room until after the anthem

BipolarFuk

Demoted

data

Forbes #1
They should of just went back to keeping the players in the locker room until after the anthem
then the NFL would lose their seven-digit dollar payments from the DoD for paid patriotism.

Whatever. If Petco paid the NFL millions of dollars to have NFL players hold puppies during the national anthem, the players better do so.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom