2018 Random NFL Stuff thread . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
My best friend I grew up with from when we were 7 years old lives in Martinez.

I used to work in Martinez.

The locals get pissed when you pronounce it like Pedro Martinez. It's Martin+Ez, so I always made sure to pronounce it the Pedro way. Fuck those guys.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Seems like that's going to have a significant impact on onside kicks, almost to the point of eliminating them.

Cotton

Staff member
Appears to me that his photo is a Chicago or Atlanta uniform with a Pittsburg identity.
Looks like a Bengals uniform to me.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
My best friend I grew up with from when we were 7 years old lives in Martinez.
I passed through that area this past weekend while I was up there closing on my house.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Mike McCarthy: DeShone Kizer would be a first-round pick in this year’s draft
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 6, 2018, 3:57 PM EDT

Packers coach Mike McCarthy has high praise for the backup quarterback Green Bay acquired this offseason, DeShone Kizer.

McCarthy said Kizer compares to the elite prospects in this year’s draft, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Josh Allen and Josh Rosen.

“He has starter ability in this league. Clearly,” McCarthy said. “In my opinion, if he was in that class this year, he would have been part of the first five quarterbacks, the first-round guys. He has exceptional arm talent.”

That doesn’t make a lot of sense: Last year Kizer went in the latter part of the second round, No. 52 overall. Kizer did not have a good rookie year, which is why the Browns sent him to Green Bay. So if Kizer wasn’t a first-round pick a year ago, and didn’t have a good year, why would he be a first-round pick this year?

McCarthy also talked up backup quarterback Brett Hundley last year after Aaron Rodgers went down, and Hundley did not play well enough to justify McCarthy’s high praise. So perhaps McCarthy just likes to publicly bolster his backup quarterbacks. Because an honest assessment would suggest that Kizer is not a first-round talent, and if he was the Browns wouldn’t have traded him to the Packers.
------------

:lol

Whatever.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
This is very interesting to me. I am a big fan of the ZBS. I think it is much more effective and doesn't require nearly as much of your OL.

Cotton

Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Apparently the Giants are making their rookies work out to "Mommas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys."

I mean, the eagles are their rivals and won the fucking super bowl three months ago.

It's amazing how we manage to be still in some teams' heads.

Cotton

Staff member
Apparently the Giants are making their rookies work out to "Mommas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys."

I mean, the eagles are their rivals and won the fucking super bowl three months ago.

It's amazing how we manage to be still in some teams' heads.
:lol

Please let this be true.

Cotton

Staff member

There is really no where else this fits and I didn't think it needed a thread of its own, but this is interesting.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

There is really no where else this fits and I didn't think it needed a thread of its own, but this is interesting.

Greedy fuckers :lol

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Mark Cuban just said anyone who owns a big-four league franchise (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL) just saw their franchise's value double overnight cause of this.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Mark Cuban just said anyone who owns a big-four league franchise (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL) just saw their franchise's value double overnight cause of this.
Oh good grief.

Cotton

Staff member
NFL'S CHRISTIAN KIRK MAY HAVE BEEN COKED UP ... Cop Says In Police Report

NFL rookie Christian Kirk was showing signs of cocaine use when he was arrested at a golf tournament in Arizona back in February ... this according to the police report obtained by TMZ Sports.

Kirk -- a 2nd round draft pick by the AZ Cardinals -- was arrested for criminal damage to a car on Feb. 3 after cops say he was throwing rocks at cars in a parking lot outside of the Phoenix Open.

Event security had contacted police and said the suspects were "high."

When the Scottsdale PD arrived to the scene, one of the officers "immediately noticed Kirk's demeanor. He had a blank stare."

The officer placed Kirk under arrest and handcuffed him -- and then suggested he may have been on cocaine.

"I further noticed the grinding movement of his jaw and continued blank stare. These are common signs of an individual high on stimulants, such as cocaine."

Both Kirk and another man were transported to a nearby police station where they were booked and later released.

The arrest didn't stop the Cardinals from selecting Kirk with the 47th pick in the draft. The team has said they were aware of the incident before the draft.

Uh oh.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom