2018 Coaching Hirings/Firings

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Meh. Like many in the last twenty years, those coaching trees haven't produced many titles. Reid has always been an overblown HC and so are his disciples. Almost twenty years as a HC and not even a conference championship to show for it.

The only coach from that list that I would take a flyer on is Harbaugh, not that it would ever happen.
Reid coached in a Superbowl with the Eagles...

GShock

DCC 4Life
Seahawks fired Darrell Bevell.

Would not be a bad consideration for QB coach, but hard for him to compete with Kellen Moore's resume of success.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Turner has done good work with QBs, but I don't think his style fits with what Newton is capable of doing.

I just don't think he is accurate enough. But hey, maybe they think that suddenly after five years, he will get accurate all of the sudden.

I know the idea is for them to run the ball and take advantage of play action, but they are going to have to get a stud RB and improve that OL if they want that to work.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Seahawks fired Darrell Bevell.

Would not be a bad consideration for QB coach, but hard for him to compete with Kellen Moore's resume of success.
Linehan does not know the coach, okay?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I guess the Rotoworld blurb about him being a done deal in Detroit was premature?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Nice one. They also go Alonzo Highsmith, probably one of the better pure scouting eyes in the business as well.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This is an outstanding hire considering the number of top quality linemen the Irish have prepared for the NFL the last few years.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tom Cable is hardly the problem there. You can't expect him to turn mediocre talent into something special. Their O-line just sucks for talent.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Tom Cable is hardly the problem there. You can't expect him to turn mediocre talent into something special. Their O-line just sucks for talent.
By their rationale, acquiring Duane Brown at mid season and busting on players like Germain Ifedi, Rees Odhiambo made him expendable?

I just find it funny the Seahawks miss the playoffs for the first time in forever and still felt compelled to dismiss assistants they went to two Super Bowls with.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
By their rationale, acquiring Duane Brown at mid season and busting on players like Germain Ifedi, Rees Odhiambo made him expendable?

I just find it funny the Seahawks miss the playoffs for the first time in forever and still felt compelled to dismiss assistants they went to two Super Bowls with.
It's just stupid. I think the dynasty in Seattle is going to start falling to pieces now. Wilson is sort of single handily keeping them afloat at this point.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's just stupid. I think the dynasty in Seattle is going to start falling to pieces now. Wilson is sort of single handily keeping them afloat at this point.
Dynasty?

DLK150

DCC 4Life

This is an outstanding hire considering the number of top quality linemen the Irish have prepared for the NFL the last few years.
Yeah, it sucks to lose him at ND. I believe this is his second stint with the Bears.

Cotton

Staff member
SOURCES: Baylor coach Matt Rhule interviewed for the Indianapolis Colts head coaching vacancy earlier this week. Rhule, who completed his first season with the Bears in November, spent the 2012 season as the New York Giants offensive line coach. He is 29-34 in five seasons as a college head coach.

Adam Rittenberg, ESPN Staff Writer

Cotton

Staff member

Well. that didn't take long.

Top Bottom