2018 Coaching Hirings/Firings

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Garrett went 1-11 with the level of QB that Gruden dealt with for half his career.

Gruden went to the conference championship when he had a Romo level of QB (Rich Gannon). And I could be wrong but I don't think Gannon ever played that well until Gruden got a hold of him.

And that's not even mentioning that Gruden won a Super Bowl, which oh by the way counts for a lot. Especially considering Garrett's never been close.

Helman needs to get out of here with that weak shit.
Obviously you have a problem seeing what is being built here.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I have never been impressed by Mularkey, but what good would this serve? A win, oh, we're good. A loss OMFG git out.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I have never been impressed by Mularkey, but what good would this serve? A win, oh, we're good. A loss OMFG git out.
Yep I said the same thing about Garrett. He either sucks as a coach or he doesnt. Clearly he sucks as a coach. So who cares if the talent is able to somehow claw him to 9-7. That doesn't make him a better or worse coach. He is the same shitty coach.

You don't keep around the shitty safety who always gets burned just because the team won the game.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Yep I said the same thing about Garrett. He either sucks as a coach or he doesnt. Clearly he sucks as a coach. So who cares if the talent is able to somehow claw him to 9-7. That doesn't make him a better or worse coach. He is the same shitty coach.

You don't keep around the shitty safety who always gets burned just because the team won the game.
We did with Byron Jones. :shrug

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Good hire for them.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
:lol I have just been burned too much in the past by bellichick assistants.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
:lol I have just been burned too much in the past by bellichick assistants.
I'm leery of them too, this thread I saw earlier today does make me think he could do pretty well though

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm leery of them too, this thread I saw earlier today does make me think he could do pretty well though

This is all him as a DC though.

As an HC, his responsibilities change a lot.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Garrett went 1-11 with the level of QB that Gruden dealt with for half his career.

Gruden went to the conference championship when he had a Romo level of QB (Rich Gannon). And I could be wrong but I don't think Gannon ever played that well until Gruden got a hold of him.

And that's not even mentioning that Gruden won a Super Bowl, which oh by the way counts for a lot. Especially considering Garrett's never been close.

Helman needs to get out of here with that weak shit.
It's the kind of stupid thing I would expect Hos or one his Garrett nut-huggers to say.

It's one of those where the stats don't tell the whole story. Like when someone compares him to Tom Landry.

It's an idiotic stance to take and tell you all you need to know about where that person stands when it comes to Garrett, and it certainly isn't an objective stance.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Meh. Like many in the last twenty years, those coaching trees haven't produced many titles. Reid has always been an overblown HC and so are his disciples. Almost twenty years as a HC and not even a conference championship to show for it.

The only coach from that list that I would take a flyer on is Harbaugh, not that it would ever happen.

Top Bottom