Trade Oline coaches?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

I'd trade our ginger clan for their Turner clan in a heartbeat

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I'd trade our ginger clan for their Turner clan in a heartbeat
It's sad the level of nepotism that you see across the NFL. I don't disagree with you but I think both situations are ridiculous.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And that's why you don't waste time interviewing nobodies as a favor. Great hire for them.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

So. he was basically done deal for the Giants and now is a lock for the Lions if the job is offered.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Rats from a sinking ship.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Rats from a sinking ship.
It sort of makes me wish we would dump Marinelli and promote Eberflus to defensive coordinator. It's one of the few internal promotions I would like. There is a reason so many teams want him as a defensive coordinator.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Titans Part Ways with Head Coach Mike Mularkey
Posted 1 hour ago

Jim Wyatt
Senior Writer/Editor
TitansOnline.com
Email Twitter Instagram

The Titans have parted ways with head coach Mike Mularkey after the two parties couldn’t come to an agreement over the future.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Titans have parted ways with head coach Mike Mularkey after the two parties couldn’t come to an agreement over the future.

A press conference is expected later today at Saint Thomas Sports Park with Titans general manager Jon Robinson.

Titans controlling owner Amy Adams Strunk released a statement on Monday morning:

“I want to thank Mike Mularkey for his contributions to our franchise over his tenure with our organization. He took over our team during a low moment and together with Jon built a solid foundation for our franchise. I appreciated that Mike devoted himself to this team and the community.

In fact, we did discuss extending his future with our team over the past week, but in those discussions about the direction of the team, it became evident that we saw different paths to achieve greater success.

It is certainly unfortunate that we couldn’t find enough common ground. I generally believe that continuity is the best path for success, but I also view this as an important moment for our football team as we try to make that next step to sustained success on the field. Jon will begin the search immediately to identify that person.”

Mularkey was named head coach of the Titans on January 16, 2016. He served as interim coach for the final five games of the 2015 season.

The Titans went 9-7 in back-to-back seasons, and made it to the playoffs in 2017. The Titans lost in the AFC divisional playoffs on Saturday to the Patriots.

Questions about the development of quarterback Marcus Mariota and the team’s inconsistent offense were persistent throughout the course of the season, however.

The Titans finished second in the AFC South in 2017, behind the Jacksonville Jaguars.

I wish Dallas could see it this way. I'm sure the Titans looked at the progress or lack of progress with Mariota and realized that it's best at this point to find someone that can help guide his career in the right direction. Instead Dallas looks at continuity as the only way to help Dak. Which is just dumb.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm still amazed what he was able to do with the talent on that Vikes offense. I really like their WR's and all but I think a lot of what he did was really impressive with that offense.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm still amazed what he was able to do with the talent on that Vikes offense. I really like their WR's and all but I think a lot of what he did was really impressive with that offense.
Eh. I would have been more concerned if the Giants got McDaniels.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Eh. I would have been more concerned if the Giants got McDaniels.
I wouldn't because I don't think Eli is skilled enough to run that offense. McDaniels offense struggled when he left the wonderful protection of the New England system. I guess making Keenum look like a stud has really impressed me.

Top Bottom