Still crazy money being thrown around.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yep, now there is a run on RBs. It's like the draft in the way that it feels like their are legit position runs.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

This and all of these other WR signings today tells me that most everyone in the league is not too impressed with the upcoming WR draft class in terms of finding help right away.
I've never even heard of Ryan Grant before. I thought it was the RB for the Packers a few years back.

And he's getting a bigger contract than superstars did like 10 years ago.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

These are backup level players, and they are getting 5-7 million a year.

Insanity.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That's a good signing for them.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Another good one.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Dammit. I was hoping they'd get fucked over by missing out on Norwell.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Solder is a good but not great player and now he's the highest paid OL in the league. He's clearly an upgrade but in a vacuum Norwell is a better player.

They also lost Richburg and are seemingly going to lose Pugh as well, if that is indeed the case then they're only treading water at best with the addition of Solder and losing the other two. If they can bring back Pugh then I'd say the OL is slightly upgraded overall, pending the draft.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Not real impressed with what the Jets have done considering the amount of cap space they have.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
So isn't Solder now making twice what Tyron is? I always thought Smith would regret signing that lowball contract.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So isn't Solder now making twice what Tyron is? I always thought Smith would regret signing that lowball contract.
For players it's always about getting money in their pocket now over money in the future. So if you can get guys like that locked up long term early it really benefits the team in the long run. Prices go up every year. It's why the best players at every position in the NFL aren't making the most money at their positions. Instead it's guys like Kirk Cousin's who were able to hit free agency in their prime.

And Solder is ok but I think Tom Brady makes his O-line look much better than they are by getting the ball out quickly and adjusting at the line of scrimmage to gash the defense for whatever weakness they have shown.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
For players it's always about getting money in their pocket now over money in the future. So if you can get guys like that locked up long term early it really benefits the team in the long run
Oh, I know it's good for the team. But I bet he regrets it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Tyron Smith's contract is like $100 million, and he's going to see most of those years I'm sure.

He'll do very well.

Top Bottom