2018 NFL Free Agency Thread

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Wow. How does he keep getting this kind of money? He is just simply not very good.
If you look at the alternatives at the more important position on the field, they had to do it. They stand to completely lose a competitive window without him.

Put it this way, that 20 million prevents flushing away the remaining 150 million.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

And....there goes Moncrief.
Wouldn't crack our starting lineup

/quick Jerry Jones head nod

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Meh, not interested in Moncrief.

Would rather go with John Brown, or Gabriel who already signed.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you look at the alternatives at the more important position on the field, they had to do it. They stand to completely lose a competitive window without him.

Put it this way, that 20 million prevents flushing away the remaining 150 million.
A QB who has never seen the playoffs saves the window? I'm missing something.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Meh, not interested in Moncrief.

Would rather go with John Brown, or Gabriel who already signed.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I'll save contracts like that for pass rushers on defense. That's crazy. And I like Trumaine Johnson.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I was mildly interested but if we keep Dez around there is little point.
At this point, we would be incredibly stupid to cut him.

It is not like we could use the cap space on anyone else. Free agency is pretty much over with in terms of WRs.

And there is no fucking way I want to go into a draft absolutely having to draft a WR at 19.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
At this point, we would be incredibly stupid to cut him.

It is not like we could use the cap space on anyone else. Free agency is pretty much over with in terms of WRs.

And there is no fucking way I want to go into a draft absolutely having to draft a WR at 19.
It's funny that free agency is basically over before anyone has even signed a contract.

But if the free agent WR market is already that cleaned up we might as well wait until the draft. If we get the guy we want in the draft we can cut or trade Dez after.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This and all of these other WR signings today tells me that most everyone in the league is not too impressed with the upcoming WR draft class in terms of finding help right away.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's funny that free agency is basically over before anyone has even signed a contract.
Yeah, things have changed. Most teams have money to burn so the majority of them are not playing the "visit" game. These guys being signed are barely doing more than taking a physical. There isn't much wining and dining. They are going right at it.

And the players see the money and aren't being all that choosey where they go.

A lot of these signings today don't make a ton of intuitive sense when you look at the state of the teams and where the players might fit.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Bradford and Glennon. :lol

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

This and all of these other WR signings today tells me that most everyone in the league is not too impressed with the upcoming WR draft class in terms of finding help right away.
Oh I don't think that's the case. Teams just have a ton of free cap space and know that they have to spend some of it. I wouldn't read too much into free agency right now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Bradford and Glennon. :lol
The Cards are just dumb. They'd be smart to just draft a QB because those two guys are a pile of shit.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Oh I don't think that's the case. Teams just have a ton of free cap space and know that they have to spend some of it. I wouldn't read too much into free agency right now.
Sorry, I don't buy it.

There is no reason why anyone would blow that kind of change on a player like Ryan Grant unless they were scared of something.

Spending to the requirements of the CBA is not that hard. They don't have to give out gifts like this to players that quite frankly were fringe players where they were coming from.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry, I don't buy it.

There is no reason why anyone would blow that kind of change on a player like Ryan Grant unless they were scared of something.

Spending to the requirements of the CBA is not that hard. They don't have to give out gifts like this to players that quite frankly were fringe players where they were coming from.
Everybody is getting crazy money at every position. It's a stellar RB class and Lewis just got 5 mil a season. Hitchens got 9, does that mean it's a shit LBer class? I don't think your logic holds unless every position in the draft sucks. Fact is teams need multiple WRs in todays NFL. Everyone wants to spread things out which means teams that don't have WR's want more than 1.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Top Bottom