2018 NFL Free Agency Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah and I had read that we did not offer him as much money which is why he turned us down. That 16 mil was significantly higher than our offer. I'm guessing we were more in the 9 mil range. Which I would have been thrilled with.
It bothers me he is the WR they targeted as their prized plum. Did they not watch how little of an impact he had with the Rams last year? Did they conveniently forget he was always injured in Buffalo and basically was a big reason both Rex Ryan and GM Doug Whaley shitcanned?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is when you'll start to see the small short term deals coming.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
How would claiming somebody turned us down for reasons other than money make themselves look better? If anything, I'd think it would do just the opposite.
I meant the "strong bid" part. I'm doubting it was actually that strong. They can put this out there to make it sound like they were willing to pay up when in reality they never were.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
This is also where you will see Dallas continuing to do...nothing.
But hey, we freed up $7.5M by restructuring Fredbeard. More money to not spend on anyone. #Winning

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Eric Reid, S

If Reid has drawn significant interest, it hasn't been reported -- a suspicious development given his prominent role in player protests the past two seasons. He tweeted Thursday night that teams would be wrong to lowball him "not because of my skill set but because I've protested systemic oppression."

-------------

It is pretty funny that NFL teams have basically ignored him to this point. But I have no problem with it. If it wasn't for the kneeling I see no way he wouldn't at least have visited some teams.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The strong get stronger.

Meanwhile we tried on Watkins but shoot.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Glennon and Savage finding a job but not Geno Smith = rampant league-wide racism. That's the line being pushed by the NY Daily News.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Glennon and Savage finding a job but not Geno Smith = rampant league-wide racism. That's the line being pushed by the NY Daily News.
Frankly they all suck and I wouldn't want any of them on my team.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
A lot of the media are still beating the Kaepernick drum as well. He staged a workout yesterday and it was plastered all over Twitter.

What is funny about it was that it was all oohs and ahhs about his arm strength, but he still showed a very strange hitch in his delivery.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
A lot of the media are still beating the Kaepernick drum as well. He staged a workout yesterday and it was plastered all over Twitter.

What is funny about it was that it was all oohs and ahhs about his arm strength, but he still showed a very strange hitch in his delivery.
Not sure how he expects to find a job after filing a grievance against the NFL. How many bridges can you burn?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not sure how he expects to find a job after filing a grievance against the NFL. How many bridges can you burn?
Meanwhile no one has shown interest in Reid from the 49ers. I guess the NFL does care a little more about these protests than they let on publicly. Sort of sends a message to the players that they have a right to freedom of speech but that doesn't mean they have a right to a job in the NFL.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
If we were willing to pay anywhere close to 16 million for Watkins in order to get out of paying 12 million for Dez, we're dumber than I thought.
The talk was that if they had signed him for near that they could cut Dez and save 8 mil on the cap hit, it would "save them 4 mil" and they would be rid of Dez. I don't know how true it was, but all 3 stations here were talking about it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Top Bottom