boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cujo

DCC 4Life

Can't believe he got that much. Hasn't he been a bust?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Omameh fucking sucks, more like a piglet molly.
I wonder what's going on with Pugh. He'd actually look great at LG for us. I know we liked him in that draft a lot. The fact that he is still unsigned tells me that maybe he won't cost a ton of money. At 28 he seems like he'd be a good fit. Him or Josh Sitton would be a really nice fit for us.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I wonder what's going on with Pugh. He'd actually look great at LG for us. I know we liked him in that draft a lot. The fact that he is still unsigned tells me that maybe he won't cost a ton of money. At 28 he seems like he'd be a good fit. Him or Josh Sitton would be a really nice fit for us.
I read he's visiting the Cardinals.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I read he's visiting the Cardinals.
He isn't a guy I'd want as my best offensive lineman (Like he was for the Giants) but if he is my fifth best offensive lineman I think he is excellent. I'm guessing teams are being patient with signing him because they want to check him out medically. Sitton might be a better bet but he is visiting the Dolphins.

Meanwhile, Dallas has no one visiting.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
So the radio channels here were talking today that the Cowboys actually put in a strong bid for Watkins and that money wasn't the reason he didn't come here. My guess is he looked at the offensive and coaching situation and knew right away that Reid was better. I think Red ball being head coach hurts us now in more than just game situations. I know it's my hate of him coming out, but I think it's true.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
So the radio channels here were talking today that the Cowboys actually put in a strong bid for Watkins and that money wasn't the reason he didn't come here. My guess is he looked at the offensive and coaching situation and knew right away that Reid was better. I think Red ball being head coach hurts us now in more than just game situations. I know it's my hate of him coming out, but I think it's true.
I hope that's true, but honestly I don't think players care much about that stuff when looking for their big payday. Now old vets looking to win, sure.

My guess is our bid wasn't really that close or maybe even competitive. This sounds to me like typical Cowboys front office propaganda put out to make themselves look better... like how word is the Patriots were always just about to draft that spare we traded up for.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If we were willing to pay anywhere close to 16 million for Watkins in order to get out of paying 12 million for Dez, we're dumber than I thought.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
This sounds to me like typical Cowboys front office propaganda put out to make themselves look better...
How would claiming somebody turned us down for reasons other than money make themselves look better? If anything, I'd think it would do just the opposite.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If we were willing to pay anywhere close to 16 million for Watkins in order to get out of paying 12 million for Dez, we're dumber than I thought.
Conversely, if we're willing to pay him anywhere near 16 a year but not Suh, Mathieu, or Thomas (depending on what the Seahawks are demanding in a trade), then they're dumber than I thought.

Not to mention the fact that they could get any number of solid free agents who would be upgrades at various positions for like 6-9 a year.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah and I had read that we did not offer him as much money which is why he turned us down. That 16 mil was significantly higher than our offer. I'm guessing we were more in the 9 mil range. Which I would have been thrilled with.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Top Bottom