2017 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He simply isn't good. That's really all there is to it. And I think the problem is teams know that a lot more than the media knows it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He simply isn't good. That's really all there is to it. And I think the problem is teams know that a lot more than the media knows it.
That may be the case, but he is better than some schlub who has not even thrown a dozen passes in the Arena League. The likely story is he wants good money and a shot at starting. Or he quite simply has not expressed the desire to play enough so it offsets the PR issues he would create.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That may be the case, but he is better than some schlub who has not even thrown a dozen passes in the Arena League. The likely story is he wants good money and a shot at starting. Or he quite simply has not expressed the desire to play enough so it offsets the PR issues he would create.
Yeah, I think he could easily get a backup job. I think he is letting his vanity get in the way and is of the mindset that he will get a starting job or nothing. Which is stupid on his part, because that isn't happening.

Genghis Khan

I do think PR plays a part probably, but only in the sense that it's probably not worth dealing with considering the marginal talent benefit he brings.

In other words, he won't really make a difference in wins and losses compared to a worse backup QB. So why do it when he comes with baggage and maybe another guy doesn't?

Kaepernick isn't a guy who will save your season if your starter goes down, he's not a developmental guy that could grow into a player that will help you down the road, and he's not a "coach in the locker room" guy that can help the starter mentally.

Add on to that the fact that he's seen as a guy that you'd have to tailor your offense to fit.

Genghis Khan

Yeah, I think he could easily get a backup job. I think he is letting his vanity get in the way and is of the mindset that he will get a starting job or nothing. Which is stupid on his part, because that isn't happening.

Well, that might be a thing too. Even if you bring him in as a backup, you might have a disgruntled backup. I do get the sense that Kaepernick unreasonably thinks he's much, much better than he is.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well, that might be a thing too. Even if you bring him in as a backup, you might have a disgruntled backup. I do get the sense that Kaepernick unreasonably thinks he's much, much better than he is.
And who wants your backup being a distraction every week? Whether people want to admit it or not, his kneeling was an issue with fans, even if his teammates were fine with it

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

DLK150

DCC 4Life
And who wants your backup being a distraction every week? Whether people want to admit it or not, his kneeling was an issue with fans, even if his teammates were fine with it
Just keep politics and religion out of sports in general. You're being paid to play a freaking game, not use it as a platform for your opinions just because you know you're on TV and even then you're reaching a relatively small percentage of the population.

Edited to add that if you're an athlete that really wants to make a difference, donate half your salary or more to the charity or cause of your choice. Stupid symbolic gestures change *nothing*.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

midswat

... soon
Doesn't matter. Jaguars are still more talented than us.

midswat

... soon
Alvin Kamara, former Tennessee Volunteer and 2017 offensive rookie of the year, is getting high praise in Saints camp.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Alvin Kamara, former Tennessee Volunteer and 2017 offensive rookie of the year, is getting high praise in Saints camp.
Who? I've never even heard of that school. Are making this up?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone would look like a star against that defense.

He'll also need a whole lot more than the 596 yards rushing he had in college to win rookie of the year.

midswat

... soon
Anyone would look like a star against that defense.

He'll also need a whole lot more than the 596 yards rushing he had in college to win rookie of the year.
You'll see.

He's going to be a star in this league.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Depending on the severity of the break Fuller will probably be on the shelf for at least a month or two but I can't say I'm surprised because he has so little muscle mass to protect his skeletal structure. This is like his fifth or sixth injury in less than a a year. Injury prone much? On the flip side, sometimes all it takes is for a player to be hit *just* right. The only way to prevent things like this is to put the players n full body armor.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He was carted off but they are saying sprain now. Still if it's a high ankle sprain he will probably be impacted all season. 6 weeks to heal and frankly won't be explosive for awhile after that.

Genghis Khan

Depending on the severity of the break Fuller will probably be on the shelf for at least a month or two but I can't say I'm surprised because he has so little muscle mass to protect his skeletal structure. This is like his fifth or sixth injury in less than a a year. Injury prone much? On the flip side, sometimes all it takes is for a player to be hit *just* right. The only way to prevent things like this is to put the players n full body armor.

My guess is he got hit in the collar bone by a ball because he was catching with his body again, but I don't have a source on that.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
My guess is he got hit in the collar bone by a ball because he was catching with his body again, but I don't have a source on that.
Body catcher!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom