2017 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
individually, I like irv and schmitty. Together, I love them.

like lamb and tuna fish. Quick - what movie?
Big Daddy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Lions’ Taylor Decker expected to miss 4-6 months

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 9, 2017, 2:37 PM EDT

The Lions are preparing for life without their starting left tackle for some — but not all — of the regular season.

Taylor Decker is expected to miss four to six months with a torn labrum in his shoulder, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

Decker’s surgery was on Monday, which means he would be expected to return somewhere between October 5 and December 5. In other words, he’d miss somewhere between four and 12 games.

If it turns out to be only four games, that’s a hit the Lions can take. At 12 games, there’s a chance the Lions would be out of contention by the time Decker returned, at which point they might just decide to shut him down.

No team wants to lose its starting left tackle for any period of time, but the Lions will be crossing their fingers that Decker is back in closer to four months than six.

Cotton

Staff member
Jets release Eric Decker.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
This can't be right.

Dallas is the only team that announces they will release a player if they can't trade them.
I get what you're saying but c'mon.......it's the Jets. One of the most poorly run franchises in the league over the last few years.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Wow.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Wow.
He is terrible. He already lost his job and could not even stay on as a guard.

Cotton

Staff member
He is terrible. He already lost his job and could not even stay on as a guard.
Just amazing how fast he went from #2 overall to being traded for a 6th.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is pretty crazy. Especially for an NFL team who is in bad need of talented players and they don't even see him worth keeping around.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know I'm probably in the minority with this but Mariota still doesn't make me feel like a QB on the verge of taking his team to the next level. I'm still really meh on him. And while those weapons look great, I sort of feel like Mariota is going to hold them back. And I'd actually love for the Titans to step up and be a real contender in the AFC. I'm so sick of it always being the Patriots and Steelers every year (Broncos I guess with Manning) and then a bunch of trash in the playoffs in the AFC.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think Mariota is more ready to ascend than Jameis Winston.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He should not have been drafted that high. He was a mauler in school. He was too unprepared and or lazy to put in the work to be a pro. He couldn't even make it as a guard. That just means he came out of system in school that did not translate to the NFL. That is why it is not a coincidence you see players who come from pro style OLs like Wisconsin make it. It is to the point now that if a highly ranked OL plays in a gimmick offense like Baylor or Auburn, I wouldn't draft them high. Their game simply does not translate.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Whoa.

The same day they extended Andy Reid.

I guess this means he is going to take over the whole show like he was doing for a time in Philly.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

Whoa.

The same day they extended Andy Reid.

I guess this means he is going to take over the whole show like he was doing for a time in Philly.
Apparently Dorsey knew it was coming and cut Jeremy Maclin out of spite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom