2019 Season Prediction Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Looks like the Sports Illustrated people don't think a lot of the Cowboys:

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don't get why so many love the Eagles that much. I guess because they won it all a couple of years ago, but that doesn't really mean anything now.

I think this team has more talent than they do.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Here are my predictions, some bold and some not.

AFC East - 1. Patriots 2. Bills 3. Jets 4. Dolphins

Another pathetic laugher for the Patriots. Only the Bills will even get close to .500 and even that is not a given.

AFC North - 1. Steelers 2. Browns 3. Ravens 4. Bengals

I hate it but the Steelers should rebound nicely after a year full of distractions. The Browns are a bit overhyped. I am also not impressed with the Ravens since they lost a lot of leadership and talent on defense.

AFC South - 1. Texans 2. Jaguars 3. Colts 4. Titans

Could be the tightest crappy division in the league since all are equally mediocre. Could see the Texans win the division 8-8 or 9-7.

AFC West - 1. Chiefs 2. Chargers 3. Raiders 4. Broncos

KC should run away from this division. The Chargers will not threaten them. Their OL is horrible and they won't have much of a run game. Defense only goes so far.

NFC East - 1. Eagles 2. Cowboys 3. Giants 4. Redskins

Could come down to the wire. Eagles will win it due to better coaching, sad to say. Giants and Redskins will be two of the worst teams in the conference.

NFC North - 1. Vikings 2. Bears 3. Packers 4. Lions

I am saying it right now, the Bears will not repeat and will miss the playoffs. The Packers will be a turd show once they start losing.

NFC South - 1. Saints 2. Falcons 3. Panthers 4. Buccaneers

This looks to be a dogfight. Both Atlanta and Carolina will bounce back from last year.

NFC West - 1. Rams 2. Seahawks 3. 49ers 4. Cardinals

This figures to be a lot like last year. Seattle will contend but can't beat out L.A.

AFC Playoffs
Wildcard - Browns over Texans, Steelers over Jaguars
Divisional - Patriots over Browns; Chiefs over Steelers
Championship - Chiefs over Patriots

NFC Playoffs
Wildcard - Cowboys over Vikings; Saints over Seahawks
Divisional - Saints over Eagles; Rams over Cowboys
Championship - Saints over Rams

Super Bowl - Chiefs over Saints

MVP: Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs
Offensive Player of the Year: Mahomes
Defensive Player of the Year: Aaron Donald Rams
Offensive Rookie of the Year: Irv Smith, Vikings
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Devin Bush, Steelers
Comeback Player of the Year: LeVeon Bell, Jets
Coach of the Year: Andy Reid, Chiefs

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't get why so many love the Eagles that much. I guess because they won it all a couple of years ago, but that doesn't really mean anything now.

I think this team has more talent than they do.
If Wentz stays healthy they can take the division. Big if though.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Another loss in the divisional round? I'll help Red pack.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Wentz is fools gold.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They also had big issues with health in their secondary and Ajayi. That was a huge part of it.
Their secondary is still going to suck. I guess we will have to wait and see about the Ajayi replacements.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
They also had big issues with health in their secondary and Ajayi. That was a huge part of it.
Their corners weren't that good to begin with. Ajayi was a big part of them winning the super bowl but I am not so sure they've adequately replaced him yet. I don't think Howard is particularly good and we'll see about the rookie. I'm not a big believer in their WRs either.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I've been hearing that this is the deepest team since the 90's and our best chance to reach the SB in years, yet I'm seeing lots of analysts at CNN and ESPN predicting we'll miss the playoffs entirely. Weird disconnect going on.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Fuck you and your Eagle loving Booze.

We're going 19-0 and gonna stomp those green fuckers asses twice

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Sporting News says eat a dick Booze
  • NFC championship game: Cowboys over Saints
Dallas will survive a tough playoff field because it will be the team most adept at winning on both lines of scrimmage while also letting Prescott loose for big plays. Trading conservatism for more aggressiveness overall will change the results in Dallas from good to great.

The Cowboys have been to the playoffs 10 times since they last won the Super Bowl 24 long years ago. Much to the delight of Jerry Jones, they will take full advantage of their first NFC championship appearance since 1995.

The Cowboys are a tough matchup for the Saints because they bring the right brand of physicality. While New Orleans thinks about what could have been yet again, Jason Garrett will finally stop hearing about what could have been had Jones landed Sean Payton as Dallas' coach, instead.

MORE: Explaining all NFC playoff picks [h=2]NFL predictions 2019: Super Bowl pick[/h]
  • Super Bowl 54: Cowboys 31, Chiefs 27
The NFL is screaming for a "new" Super Bowl. SN's prediction for the 2019 season would be exactly that.

What better way to end the NFL's 100th season than to see the Chiefs try to win their first Super Bowl in 50 years before the Cowboys win their first in 24 years? The upcoming season is about tapping into professional football's history but also fast-forwarding to its future.

MORE SUPER BOWL PREDICTIONS:
Why Kellen Moore is the key | The ripple effects of a Cowboys title

Headlined by Andy Reid vs. Jason Garrett and Patrick Mahomes vs. Dak Prescott, this Super Bowl matchup would represent the best of the game's new school and old school, offense and defense. The fact that these are two potentially great teams that look good on the marquee, too, doesn't hurt.

The game has instant classic written all over it. Dallas will win because of a little more defense combined with an offense that will open up to become capable of outscoring Kansas City.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-predictions-2019-final-standings-playoff-projections-super-bowl-54-pick/19mtyr2ipucbt1iglkevpbxzi8

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Don't believe his offers to eat bags of dicks, dbair1967 They are hollow and useless. He offered to do the same last year if Beasely ever caught a pass that traveled more than 20 yards. He did, and booze pussed out with some lame excuse.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Don't believe his offers to eat bags of dicks, dbair1967 They are hollow and useless. He offered to do the same last year if Beasely ever caught a pass that traveled more than 20 yards. He did, and booze pussed out with some lame excuse.
LOL x 2

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I like the Sporting News picks, even if it means we're stuck with the Ginger for another few years. This team is potentially stacked enough it could be like the 3rd SB Cowboys and overcome crappy head coaching.

Top Bottom