Andrew Luck Retires

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
What a shitty thing to do to your team, two weeks before WK 1.
The QB1 at that. But I doubt anyone in the media will dare questioning the timing of this announcement.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I feel bad for Luck. But at least he is doing what he feels is best for him.

Classy kid.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Villains never just go away. Except Epstein...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Why now, though? He couldn't have decided this over the summer and at least given the Colts more notice?

Pretty bizarre to show up at that preseason game on the sideline and announce it like this.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why now, though? He couldn't have decided this over the summer and at least given the Colts more notice?

Pretty bizarre to show up at that preseason game on the sideline and announce it like this.
It is bizarre but Witten kind of did it late too. Sometimes getting ready for a season makes a guy realize his heart isn't in it.

I wonder if Luck will come back next year though.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Precisely why you never ever have a fantasy draft this early.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It is bizarre but Witten kind of did it late too. Sometimes getting ready for a season makes a guy realize his heart isn't in it.

I wonder if Luck will come back next year though.
Feh.

Witten did it before the draft and we still did not go get Goedert. We will regret that.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around

IMO, it was the lingering calf/ankle issue. Rather than struggle all season, he pulled the plug.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don’t agree at all it was “classy” to do this now. You don’t abandon the franchise two weeks before opening kickoff.

And i don’t buy that it was any injury situation that he couldn’t have seen coming months ago.

My initial read is this is a guy who on the eve of the season, felt like he just couldn’t go through the grind of another season.

But fuck that, you make that decision on February or you wait till next offseason.

Complete bullshit.

Its like he just fucking decided while he was on the sidelines. I’d be livid if I was a Colts fan.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I don’t agree at all it was “classy” to do this now. You don’t abandon the franchise two weeks before opening kickoff.

And i don’t buy that it was any injury situation that he couldn’t have seen coming months ago.

My initial read is this is a guy who on the eve of the season, felt like he just couldn’t go through the grind of another season.

But fuck that, you make that decision on February or you wait till next offseason.

Complete bullshit.

Its like he just fucking decided while he was on the sidelines. I’d be livid if I was a Colts fan.
I’d be pretty pissed if I was a Colts fan. Yes, the ankle injury became a problem during training camp, but that’s a poor excuse to retire now, unless the doctors told him something about his ankle which could have threatened his long term health.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Doing this in the final week of August is extremely douchy.
Which is worse, this way or play scared/tentative.

They said the Colts' fans booed him off the field... now THAT'S douchy.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Which is worse, this way or play scared/tentative.

They said the Colts' fans booed him off the field... now THAT'S douchy.
This way is way worse. A million times worse.

Fuck that guy, he deserves to be booed for this.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
This way is way worse. A million times worse.

Fuck that guy, he deserves to be booed for this.
I kind of find myself agreeing with you. I mean, I suspect having a son and thinking about his injury history I get it on a personal level. I just never could do this to my teammates. Being a QB you get more money, more attention but you all also have more responsibility. There's a reason you just never see QBs do this. It's a season-wrecker for the franchise, the coaches, the players and the fans.

For all the shit Romo gets, he had a horrible injury history but he kept coming back and played as long as his body held up. He would never have done this to the Cowboys.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around

Complete bullshit.

He said the decision was made over the last week/10 days... the announcement was supposed to be tomorrow, but it got out. The reason he was at the game, he wanted one last opportunity to warm up with his teammates.

Top Bottom