Gronkowski Announces Retirement

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I know he didn't play as long as some guys, but he's the GOAT at the position.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Anecdote about when I found out:

Okay, I just had to post this. I was sitting in a local bar and this couple who I did not know were next to me. All of a sudden, She said "****! Gronk(New Enlgand Patriots tight end) just retired!" The news came across on her smart watch. Now, they were both from the New England area, I caught their accents. She said she didn't care about the Patriots, she just had fantasies about Gronkowski.

When she heard the news, she went into full nuclear meltdown, not because she was a NE Patriots fan but because she had a crush on him. Friends with him and follows him on FB, Twitter, Instagram, all of that stuff.

I didn't get it at first and said "Well, it's a good draft for tight ends this year so they'll find a replacement." "I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE PATRIOTS, I dream of Gronk!".

Okaaay. So now she has to find a new guy to have a crush on and she started talking about the guy that played in the Aquaman movie. "He's nice but he's not Gronk. This isn't fair!" This went on for over an hour and her husband and I just laughed. She had dozens of pictures of RG on her phone, was friends with him here on FB, followed him on Twitter and Instagram, the whole nine yards.

She even sent him message on FB, saying he couldn't retire. I swear, I never laughed so hard in my life. Words on a screen can't properly convey the way she was acting, it was beyond ridiculous.

Bonus: Today is her husband's birthday. She told her husband "I hate your birthday now!" There was so much more but I swear, the whole scene made my day. Really, really did.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Anecdote about when I found out:

Okay, I just had to post this. I was sitting in a local bar and this couple who I did not know were next to me. All of a sudden, She said "****! Gronk(New Enlgand Patriots tight end) just retired!" The news came across on her smart watch. Now, they were both from the New England area, I caught their accents. She said she didn't care about the Patriots, she just had fantasies about Gronkowski.

When she heard the news, she went into full nuclear meltdown, not because she was a NE Patriots fan but because she had a crush on him. Friends with him and follows him on FB, Twitter, Instagram, all of that stuff.

I didn't get it at first and said "Well, it's a good draft for tight ends this year so they'll find a replacement." "I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE PATRIOTS, I dream of Gronk!".

Okaaay. So now she has to find a new guy to have a crush on and she started talking about the guy that played in the Aquaman movie. "He's nice but he's not Gronk. This isn't fair!" This went on for over an hour and her husband and I just laughed. She had dozens of pictures of RG on her phone, was friends with him here on FB, followed him on Twitter and Instagram, the whole nine yards.

She even sent him message on FB, saying he couldn't retire. I swear, I never laughed so hard in my life. Words on a screen can't properly convey the way she was acting, it was beyond ridiculous.

Bonus: Today is her husband's birthday. She told her husband "I hate your birthday now!" There was so much more but I swear, the whole scene made my day. Really, really did.

The moral of this story? People really just suck.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Well, there's a minute of my life I wish I had back.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
The moral of this story? People really just suck.
I wish I could convey it properly because it was funny as hell the way it happened. The guy and I tried to talk about it from a football standpoint and she just kept going on. Anyway...

Good for him, what does he really have left to play for? He's won multiple super bowls, earned pro bowl honors, all-pro honors, holds several records, he's made his money and getting out while he's young. I think he hinted at retirement a couple of years ago so it's not a shock.

Top Bottom