Tyreek Hill Under Investigation For Alleged Battery

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What I'm saying is that from a legal perspective the person who they don't have probable cause to charge with anything is actually more innocent (Technically they are all innocent but I'm trying to show you the difference) then the person who goes to trial and is found not guilty. They are both not guilty in the laws eyes but a person who makes it all the way to trial at least has enough evidence against him to prove probable cause. If the prosecutor doesn't charge someone it's because they don't even have enough evidence to prove the probable cause to charge the person in the first place.

It's like the league suspending you for a murder that you were never charged with but determining that they can't suspend OJ Simpson because a Jury found him not guilty. There would clearly be more evidence against OJ committing a murder than you. But the burden of proof at a trial is much harder to meet than the low burden required to charge someone.

In the end the NFL can suspend someone found not guilty at a trial just as much as they can suspend someone who wasn't charged in a case. So it doesn't really matter. Either way the criminal justice system has come to a conclusion on Zeke's case. It's not that they just turned the other cheek. They completed their investigation and found no wrong doing. The NFL decided that it wasn't good enough and they did whatever they wanted.
Thanks for the info. My legal expertise is more on the civil side, tort law more specific and this is what I worked in when I was an investigations Section chief for a Federal agency. Most of the criminal work was done on a referral basis. When there was suspected criminal activity we would refer that to The FBI for further investigation and would support the investigation with financial institution documents. Same with the DOJ Attorneys. One of my degrees was in Pre Law but most of the studies were civil and contract law. I don’t pretend to be a legal mind but I have a lot of experience with legal matters as a Banker and then as a Federal investigator.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
When there was suspected criminal activity we would refer that to The FBI for further investigation and would support the investigation with financial institution documents.
Same principal, had they found enough evidence to charge (suspect criminal activity) it would have gone to trial. Since they didn't, no trial.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Same principal, had they found enough evidence to charge (suspect criminal activity) it would have gone to trial. Since they didn't, no trial.
I understand this but everyone is in attack mode because they apparently think I an defending the leagues action as well as pronouncing the prosecutors action of dropping the case as something that should have but didn’t exeronate Elliot. Again I don’t really care if the authorities did or didn’t exeronate him it didn’t help Elliot with his standing with the NFL. They exercised what the leagues rules apparently said they can do and suspended Elliot so now what does all the hoopla about innocent until proven get you in this circumstance?

And what does all the schooling me about criminal law and how it works accomplish when I make a statement that the league didn’t accept the ruling on Elliot’s case and did their own prosecuted case and in addition threw in the statement that I don’t think the league would go ahead of another legal systems findings. That’s started all the hoopla about innocent until proven guilty got started so it doesn’t seem to matter what I am actually saying. So as to your statement “its the same principal” supposed to mean to me? Exactly the same principal as what?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Maybe the same principal as to beginning of an investigation but since we initiated the process we couldn't drop the case because it was no longer our jurisdiction for investigation. Even the FBI couldn't just drop the case. It had to be discontinued for them by the DOJ. The DOJ would then draft a memorandum to the FDIC Legal to discontinue the Investigation matter but the memo was just to discontinue the investigation. The FDIC who was the Trustee for the failed institution simply ceased any further activity 0n the matter. No status as to guilt or innocence was necessarly recognized when it was formally closed.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Why don’t you clear it all up since you seem to have a handle on everything?
This statement is quite funny, especially since YOU are the one in here telling a lawyer how the law works and how he’s wrong here.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This statement is quite funny, especially since YOU are the one in here telling a lawyer how the law works and how he’s wrong here.
You need to read this thru again. He is trying to tell me how the law works. Dig me up a post that substantiates your statement.

Top Bottom