2019 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Yep. Rams are all in, tho. Top money to Gurley, Goff, Donald, and soon, Ramsey.
Crazy given the fact this years team is underperforming badly and it’s not because of talent deficiency at CB.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Crazy given the fact this years team is underperforming badly and it’s not because of talent deficiency at CB.
They shipped one corner away for WGAS in return and then traded away a boatload for another corner. Am I missing something?

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
They shipped one corner away for WGAS in return and then traded away a boatload for another corner. Am I missing something?
Looks like someone in the Rams organization bought Jerry’s “You too can be an NFL GM!” Book off Amazon.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think it's more that they're desperate to remain a good team now until that new stadium opens. Probably won't care as much if they drop off after that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It reminds me of the old Jerry rational against drafting WR's. They take 3 years to develop, so don't bother drafting one!

What it ignores is that those draft picks become the best players in the NFL. And very few teams are letting those players leave even once their rookie contracts are up. So you can trade away picks all you want but you'll rarely get a team full of elite guys. There just aren't enough picks to trade for elite players.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Pretty impressive that ATL got a 2nd from the Patriots.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pretty impressive that ATL got a 2nd from the Patriots.
Yeah for a team in the tank that's a pretty good return for an older #2 wr type. I don't even know what it feels like to trade a player away for a pick. Much less a second rounder.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom