2019 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I will tell you one thing. Belichick will not tolerate any social media shit from him.
Not sure how many of you watch The Shop on HBO but Gronk was on there the other day and said no one is treated as a superstar there. Not even Brady.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not sure how many of you watch The Shop on HBO but Gronk was on there the other day and said no one is treated as a superstar there. Not even Brady.
I can't dispute that. He honestly doesn't go by the old Jimmy Johnson rule which was I will treat you fair, but not everybody is equal. He is a little more about the fact that he is the Sith Lord and you are powerless. If you try to test me, you will be gone. I don't think he plays the mind games even like Parcells did. He scares players on an intellectual level. He is basically telling everyone to buy in, if not, then you won't be there. He does not manage personalities at all from what I see. A lot of that goes along with the fact that he can simply point to his skins on the wall if someone wants to question his direction.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Ok I'm going to need an extended Hard Knocks of this :lol

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I love this story Donte' Stallworth tells about his and Randy Moss' indoctrination into the "Patriot Way".

From Peter's King's latest edition of Football Morning in America :

There's another element—the most important one, the one Antonio Brown is about to experience. Another new receiver to the Patriots in 2007, Donte' Stallworth, told me he and Moss were stunned in the first team meeting by Belichick's equal-opportunity wrath-sharing.

"I was sitting next to Randy," Stallworth said Sunday, "and Bill was showing some plays from the previous season. The Patriots blew a big lead and lost to the Colts in the AFC Championship Game, and he was showing plays where the guys made some mistakes. He gets to Tom, and I remember Bill showing a short pass to a wide receiver that Tom threw really short. Just a bad pass. Bill says, "What the f--- is this?" And he says something like, I can get a kid from Foxboro High to make that throw! Randy and I looked at each other. He kinds of sits up real straight in his chair and we had this look like, Holy s---! Is this real?

"That day, we learned the truth about New England: If Tom Brady was getting it, no one was safe."

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I have a hard time believing that no other star quarterback gets criticized by their head coach during film sessions.

Peter King is such a NE knobslobber so he loves repeating this kind of propaganda.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I have a hard time believing that no other star quarterback gets criticized by their head coach during film sessions.

Peter King is such a NE knobslobber so he loves repeating this kind of propaganda.
There aren't many coaches out there today who are wired like Belichick, Parcells, and Jimmy Johnson.

I doubt Tomlin, Garrett, McVay, Reid, etc. ream their starting QBs during film sessions in front of the entire team. Maybe they do but it just doesn't seem like the personality of most modern day NFL coaches.

Hell, Stallworth told us what his and Moss' reactions were to seeing that. So clearly it doesn't happen too often. Both were 8-10 year vets who'd sat in numerous film sessions prior to arriving in New England, and apparently neither one of them had seen a star QB treated like that during a film session.

So yeah I do think Belichick harshly critiquing a HOF QB in front of the entire team is a bit of an anomaly compare to most NFL coaches.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, I just don’t believe it; and I wouldn’t be surprised if Stallworth is embellishing.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yeah, I just don’t believe it; and I wouldn’t be surprised if Stallworth is embellishing.
Gronk said pretty much the same(he said no one is treated like a star there, not even Brady) on The Shop the other night

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Gronk said pretty much the same(he said no one is treated like a star there, not even Brady) on The Shop the other night
Oh, I believe that Bill gives Brady a hard time. Just not that it’s the only place it happens.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Oh, I believe that Bill gives Brady a hard time. Just not that it’s the only place it happens.
I can see Belichick taking it farther than other coaches. I'm sure there are some others that call out a bad pass but not going as far as Bill with him adding I could get a high school kid to do that

1bigfan13

Staff member
The latest Antonio Brown news.

This dude needs his own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom