Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

This is a dumbass idea.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

This is a dumbass idea.
Yeah no thanks. Could you imagine having to use your backup QB for two games at the end of the season. Laughable.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah no thanks. Could you imagine having to use your backup QB for two games at the end of the season. Laughable.
While I hate this idea, I doubt anybody would save the end of the season before they started playing their reserves. I'm pretty sure they'd play them throughout the season when supposed easier games showed up on the schedule.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
While I hate this idea, I doubt anybody would save the end of the season before they started playing their reserves. I'm pretty sure they'd play them throughout the season when supposed easier games showed up on the schedule.
Probably, but would you really do that with your QB? And if you bench a player for 2 games midseason and they get hurt and miss 2 games you just fucked yourself.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Probably, but would you really do that with your QB? And if you bench a player for 2 games midseason and they get hurt and miss 2 games you just fucked yourself.
Well, that's just a chance you'd have to take if this stupid rule passes. Would you rather play your back ups (especially your QB) during an early/midseason game against an easier opponent, or "save" him for a tougher season ending opponent when you might be fighting for you playoff life?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, that's just a chance you'd have to take if this stupid rule passes. Would you rather play your back ups (especially your QB) during an early/midseason game against an easier opponent, or "save" him for a tougher season ending opponent when you might be fighting for you playoff life?
I'm sure you'd see some of both. Some teams would would throw away 2 games with all backups while others would try to spread out their losses over the course of the season. Either way you're basically diminishing the talent on the field for the sake of getting 2 extra games. It's stupid and would just create an additional annoying novelty.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm sure you'd see some of both. Some teams would would throw away 2 games with all backups while others would try to spread out their losses over the course of the season. Either way you're basically diminishing the talent on the field for the sake of getting 2 extra games. It's stupid and would just create an additional annoying novelty.
It would also piss off fans if they buy tickets to see a certain player and they end up being inactive.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It would also piss off fans if they buy tickets to see a certain player and they end up being inactive.
No kidding. Could you imagine if you bought tickets before the season and planned a big family vacation to watch the game. And you get there and the Cowboys make Zeke a healthy scratch. It would just be stupid. Luckily it will never pass.

Plus they would have to expand roster sizes to accommodate all the players sitting out of games. In the end you make your product worse but you've got more of the product to sell essentially. It's like calling 2 preseason games regular season games and charging fans for them.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
And you'd have to stagger the players you sit so that your whole starting roster isn't sitting at the same time. So pretty much every game would probably be missing a couple starters. Just a dumb idea.

data

Forbes #1
Should increase preseason games to 6, requiring season tix holders to buy those, too. Revenue up, star players and CBA happy and fans fucked.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And you'd have to stagger the players you sit so that your whole starting roster isn't sitting at the same time. So pretty much every game would probably be missing a couple starters. Just a dumb idea.
It's not even a realistic proposal. It sounds like something dumbass Joe Fan would call into a radio show and propose.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Eli Manning's pic is gold. :lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Eli Manning's pic is gold. :lol

What is that app or whatever? I want to try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom