2019 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The Steelers are fucked, but ironically they can still own their basically QB-less division.
and go through a down cycle and still win a Super Bowl before us.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The Steelers are fucked, but ironically they can still own their basically QB-less division.
I don't know....as long as Jimmy Haslam doesn't go full retard the Browns should continue to improve and give the Steelers a run for their money over the next few years. If Haslam just stays the hell out of the way Dorsey will build a contender.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Sports Illustrated is reporting that Odell Beckham Jr. is being traded to the Browns.

Yes please!!!!

:towel

1bigfan13

Staff member
Mayfield, Chubb, J. Landry, Njoku, and OBJ.....oh my.

Last year I said the Browns would probably make it to the Super Bowl before the Cowboys. I'm starting to feel a lot better about that statement.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Mayfield, Chubb, J. Landry, Njoku, and OBJ.....oh my.
Don't forget, they also now own the rights to Kareem Hunt. If the league doesn't blackball him, he'd be a hell of a weapon to add in with that mix.

Also, Antonio Callaway if he can keep his head on straight. If they can get all these guys on the field together, their offense will be scary good.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Don't forget, they also now own the rights to Kareem Hunt. If the league doesn't blackball him, he'd be a hell of a weapon to add in with that mix.

Also, Antonio Callaway if he can keep his head on straight. If they can get all these guys on the field together, their offense will be scary good.
Anyone up for Cleveland Browns Central? I am game.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Holy hell.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Holy hell.
Holy shit. It'll be interesting to see how they manage to bring that down. And if this is Brees' last year, how much of that will still hit the cap next year?

Maybe they'll have to extend him to spread it out over a few years even as he retires. That would be funny to see.

Rev

Staff member
Holy shit. It'll be interesting to see how they manage to bring that down. And if this is Brees' last year, how much of that will still hit the cap next year?

Maybe they'll have to extend him to spread it out over a few years even as he retires. That would be funny to see.
It voids after this year.

Rev

Staff member
That just seems too simple. If that were the case, why don't teams always do this when a guy is getting ready to retire?
It was a clarification in the comments of the tweet. Not sure how it all works.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That just seems too simple. If that were the case, why don't teams always do this when a guy is getting ready to retire?
Yeah seems to me like they would still be on the hook for money if they void the contract. No way Brees pushed it to a later year as not guaranteed.

Rev

Staff member
Yeah seems to me like they would still be on the hook for money if they void the contract. No way Brees pushed it to a later year as not guaranteed.
Read the first comment in the tweet. I don't know how it's it done but thats what PFF reports.

Edit... The 41 million would be if he plays. He will still count 21 million in dead money if he doesn't.

the whole void thing threw me off.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
[h=1]NFL suspends Browns RB Kareem Hunt eight games[/h]

Print
  • By Around The NFL staff NFL.com
  • Published: March 15, 2019 at 10:06 a.m.
  • Updated: March 15, 2019 at 10:11 a.m.
The NFL has suspended Cleveland Browns running back Kareem Hunt eight games for violations to the personal conduct policy, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported.

Hunt, who was signed by the Browns in February after being released by the Chiefs in November, is not planning to appeal, Rapoport added.

Around The NFL will have more on this story shortly.
---------------

I'm a little surprised that's all he got, considering what was shown on tape. Cleveland will be getting some scary fresh legs for their offense for the stretch run to the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom