Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He should definitely be in their RoH.
I think in the end I would agree. Its tough because his play has really declined over the years. The numbers werent really ones that would wow you constantly but I dont think you get those SB rings without him. Hard to leave that off.

data

Forbes #1
I think in the end I would agree. Its tough because his play has really declined over the years. The numbers werent really ones that would wow you constantly but I dont think you get those SB rings without him. Hard to leave that off.
For me, that .500 record is a misleading stat because Eli’s career is abnormally long and the last 5 years really skew his stats.

Normally, seven years is long enough to consider a long-enough career for HOF consideration. Eli’s first seven years as a full-time starter (2005-2011) were .607 winning record with 2 superb playoff runs resulting in rings.

In comparison, Aikman was ‘lucky’ his career was cut short because, had he played, the next three years would’ve been tortuous, souring how we view his career.

That being said, Eli is for sure ROH worthy but not HOF.

data

Forbes #1
The dude that made a mistake was Tiki Barber. Has phenomenal regular season statistics but lacking in quality playoff performances.

Admittedly retired early to preserve his pretty face and pursue TV.

Giants win first Super Bowl and his TV career flounders.

Stay one more year and that SB Ring would’ve helped his HOF case tremendously.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
For me, that .500 record is a misleading stat because Eli’s career is abnormally long and the last 5 years really skew his stats.

Normally, seven years is long enough to consider a long-enough career for HOF consideration. Eli’s first seven years as a full-time starter (2005-2011) were .607 winning record with 2 superb playoff runs resulting in rings.

In comparison, Aikman was ‘lucky’ his career was cut short because, had he played, the next three years would’ve been tortuous, souring how we view his career.

That being said, Eli is for sure ROH worthy but not HOF.
Even in his prime he wasn't that good. A lot of 8-8 and 9-7 records. A lot of QB ratings in the 70s and completion percentages below 60 percent. He gets a lot of respect for 2 Superbowl wins and I get that but he was a bus driver. If you take away those two rings his career is that of a bus driver. I guess Flacco should have won a second Superbowl and we would be talking greatness for him too.

Cotton

Staff member
Even in his prime he wasn't that good. A lot of 8-8 and 9-7 records. A lot of QB ratings in the 70s and completion percentages below 60 percent. He gets a lot of respect for 2 Superbowl wins and I get that but he was a bus driver. If you take away those two rings his career is that of a bus driver. I guess Flacco should have won a second Superbowl and we would be talking greatness for him too.
This is how I feel about him. He was not a great QB. Serviceable would be closer to how I would describe him.

data

Forbes #1
Not sure if you’re debating me or not, but I didn’t say Eli was great. He’s not a HOFer for me.

He’s definitely ROH, though, since the Giants ROH has lower requirements, exemplified by the inclusions of Amani Toomer, Justin Tuck and Osi Umenyiora and Phil Simms.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Eli was not a very good QB, but he had a knack for playing big in crunch time.

A 2 time SB winner who played his best football in both SB runs has to be in the team's ROH.

I don't see how you can argue that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not sure if you’re debating me or not, but I didn’t say Eli was great. He’s not a HOFer for me.

He’s definitely ROH, though, since the Giants ROH has lower requirements, exemplified by the inclusions of Amani Toomer, Justin Tuck and Osi Umenyiora and Phil Simms.
Not really debating you, just don't think much of Eli. Don't actually care about the Giants ROH. And we both agree he isn't a HOFer.

I guess when I think of Eli I see Joe Flacco except with a team who stuck with him after he sucked really bad.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Not really debating you, just don't think much of Eli. Don't actually care about the Giants ROH. And we both agree he isn't a HOFer.

I guess when I think of Eli I see Joe Flacco except with a team who stuck with him after he sucked really bad.
I don't think much of him either.

He doesn't belong anywhere near the HOF, but because of 2 SB wins, both of which he was a crucial part of, you cannot leave him out of the ROH.

Cotton

Staff member
That judge might have just saved his life.
Yep, that mental health thing is nothing to fuck with. Glad he will be forced to, bare minimum, get evaluated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom