2019 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cant get the link to post and I know it's just the bleachers report but here goes : NFL investigating Patriots for employee taping the Bengals playcaller.
They are claiming it was for a scout feature. Hence the gif above.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
They are claiming it was for a scout feature. Hence the gif above.
Yeah. I was trying to post the link two different times but it wouldnt let me before you snuck in....

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah. I was trying to post the link two different times but it wouldnt let me before you snuck in....
I used my super awesome admin powers to block you until I could get it posted. :unsure

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

:jerk

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
call me crazy but I think all the espionage type stuff should be completely legal

its great for the game, adds another layer to the competition and is honestly fun to watch imho

I grew up within a 1/4 mile of where the Cowboys used to practice & we could stand on egg crates to watch or from the balcony on the hotel behind the field. They never gave us kids much hassle for watching from egg crates but they always ran us off from the hotel balcony. I realize that was partly due to them running a business so they didn't want hundreds of kids hanging out on their balconies trying to watch the Cowboys practices but we also heard Landry was paranoid about other teams being able to spy on them from there so they rented out those hotel rooms

plus when George Allen was coach of the Washington Redskins, he was really paranoid about spying which was hilarious to read about and added another layer to the rivalry

teams can simply use counter-strategies to make the information useless or to set them up knowing "we know that they know that we know that they know..."

I have a similar feeling about air pressure. If your offense wants to play with a deflated ball, fine, but you have to play with that pressure the entire game and on all kicks. So, if a team chooses to completely deflate the ball, good luck passing the ball or kicking field goals, etc.

imho, they need to remove as much legislation from the game as possible, its a distraction, boring to follow and slows down the game not to mention I can no longer have spontaneous excitement about a play because I've been conditioned to expect the rug pulled out from beneath me the inevitable penalty

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
call me crazy but I think all the espionage type stuff should be completely legal

its great for the game, adds another layer to the competition and is honestly fun to watch imho

I grew up within a 1/4 mile of where the Cowboys used to practice & we could stand on egg crates to watch or from the balcony on the hotel behind the field. They never gave us kids much hassle for watching from egg crates but they always ran us off from the hotel balcony. I realize that was partly due to them running a business so they didn't want hundreds of kids hanging out on their balconies trying to watch the Cowboys practices but we also heard Landry was paranoid about other teams being able to spy on them from there so they rented out those hotel rooms

plus when George Allen was coach of the Washington Redskins, he was really paranoid about spying which was hilarious to read about and added another layer to the rivalry

teams can simply use counter-strategies to make the information useless or to set them up knowing "we know that they know that we know that they know..."

I have a similar feeling about air pressure. If your offense wants to play with a deflated ball, fine, but you have to play with that pressure the entire game and on all kicks. So, if a team chooses to completely deflate the ball, good luck passing the ball or kicking field goals, etc.

imho, they need to remove as much legislation from the game as possible, its a distraction, boring to follow and slows down the game not to mention I can no longer have spontaneous excitement about a play because I've been conditioned to expect the rug pulled out from beneath me the inevitable penalty

Spying defeats the idea of sportsmanship. The whole idea of a sports contest is to prepare a team to play an opponent and let the efforts of the contest determine the outcome of a game. Although scouting is a form of spying it’s is deemed as acceptable if the activity and observation is a public activity.

The line has been drawn when a team closes any preparation to anyone except the official affiliates of the team.

Cotton

Staff member

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Suggs picked up by the Chiefs

How are the Chefs higher on waivers than the Cowboys for Suggs?

or am I to assume the Cowboys passed on him?

data

Forbes #1
Spying defeats the idea of sportsmanship. The whole idea of a sports contest is to prepare a team to play an opponent and let the efforts of the contest determine the outcome of a game. Although scouting is a form of spying it’s is deemed as acceptable if the activity and observation is a public activity.

The line has been drawn when a team closes any preparation to anyone except the official affiliates of the team.
Sportsmanship and class are archaic pre-21st century concepts.

Here's a new one, LT. CREAM...Cash Rules Everything Around Me.

My job to win any means necessary, your job to catch me if I'm cheating.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I'm kind of with LT. The integrity of the game is still very important. If you allow spying or manipulation of footballs you have to draw the line somewhere otherwise the integrity of the games gets twisted. You want the best team and coach to win on game day. Not the team that is best at spying leading up to the game.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

If everything in life has degraded to this practice and has become the standard bearer for ones personal integrity then there is no integrity. I hope you aren’t espousing this as your personal belief and practice.

Cotton

Staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom