2019 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
That's nice I guess. Not sure what they do with their safeties though. Are they playing man with them? If so that's really impressive. If they play tons of zone, how do they know who to credit for the completions?

The thing that would impress me more is plays on the ball, whether he catches the picks or not. And he doesn't have that (2 passes defensed, 1 pick). He also wasn't very highly regarded as a tackler coming out of VA, and poor tackling/missed tackles is one of Heath's problems.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's nice I guess. Not sure what they do with their safeties though. Are they playing man with them? If so that's really impressive. If they play tons of zone, how do they know who to credit for the completions?

The thing that would impress me more is plays on the ball, whether he catches the picks or not. And he doesn't have that (2 passes defensed, 1 pick). He also wasn't very highly regarded as a tackler coming out of VA, and poor tackling/missed tackles is one of Heath's problems.
Quit making fucking excuses for our inept front office.

We blew it taking Hill over him.

Period.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This isn't hindsight on our part, either. We were all ecstatic when there were like three safeties left on the board when our pick came up. Fuck you, Marinelli, for falling in love with that tub of goo.
The worst part is that it is not just Thornhill who is playing well. So is Rapp. Both are playing at a high level.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Quit making fucking excuses for our inept front office.

We blew it taking Hill over him.

Period.
I am not saying taking Hill was smart, he clearly is not going to help at all this yr, and may not ever.

I am saying Thornhill so far is not Ed Reed reincarnated, as some seem to think.

But I do agree we should have taken someone other than Hill where we were.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The worst part is that it is not just Thornhill who is playing well. So is Rapp. Both are playing at a high level.
We could have taken a starter and instead we took a guy who isn't even ready to rotate. Long term is what matters but it's not looking good.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I am saying Thornhill so far is not Ed Reed reincarnated, as some seem to think.
Thornhill is having a great year in a full time position as a rookie 2nd rounder...he was absolutely the best player available at our pick

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am not saying taking Hill was smart, he clearly is not going to help at all this yr, and may not ever.

But I do agree we should have taken someone other than Hill where we were.
Who the hell said he was Ed Reed reincarnated?

Homer!

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yeah the dude doesn't have to be an instant hall of famer to be a good pick.
Not to mention that this was a damn near consensus pick of the DCC at a position of need. Also him contributing this much as a 2nd rounder is just bonus points

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
:lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Thornhill is having a great year in a full time position as a rookie 2nd rounder...he was absolutely the best player available at our pick
It is one thing to bitch about passing on one guy for another. Like Charlton over Watt. Or bemoaning the fact that they weren't aggressive in moving up for a quality player.

But this one was unforgiveable. It was not just Thornhill, but Adderley and Rapp were also there for the taking. Free and clear.

All three are now better players and absolutely better prospects than the fat lump we took.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Dat Sparq Tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom