2019 NFL Hall of Fame Finalists Announced

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Plenty of retread candidates in that bunch and I can't say any of them are locks. I'm sure there will be two or three inducted because pomp and circumstance is the NFL way.

Gonzalez, Reed, Bailey?

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
No Woodson. But three other safeties. Reed I get. The two others...especially Atwater, feh.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Plenty of retread candidates in that bunch and I can't say any of them are locks. I'm sure there will be two or three inducted because pomp and circumstance is the NFL way.

Gonzalez, Reed, Bailey?
Gonzalez, Reed, and Hutchinson should be locks. Now that Dawkins is in I'd put in Atwater and Lynch but neither deserves it (nor does Dawkins though). Coryell should probably be in. Bailey I wouldn't put in.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
How can Coryell not be in? Aren't almost all Offenses based somehow on his?

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Gonzalez, Reed, and Hutchinson should be locks. Now that Dawkins is in I'd put in Atwater and Lynch but neither deserves it (nor does Dawkins though). Coryell should probably be in. Bailey I wouldn't put in.
I could see Hutchinson and agree about Coryell, he had a lot of influence on the modern game besides being a good coach but he never won a SB and that's the barometer for a lot of coaches these days. You're right about Bailey but there's someone that gets in almost every year that I don't think deserves it.

Atwater, Lynch? Meh.

Cotton

Staff member
Who deserves the HOF more, Woodson or Reed?

Cotton

Staff member
I actually agree on Reed. But, no one can convince me that Atwater and Lynch belong in before Woodson.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I actually agree on Reed. But, no one can convince me that Atwater and Lynch belong in before Woodson.
Atwater was basically a glorified linebacker.

He was a head hunter.

And BTW, that should be a "bad" thing now in our pussified league.

Lynch played in a scripted Tampa 2 that gave him specific assignments.

Both guys were damn good.

Meanwhile, Woodson was a rarity in his age, a safety who could cover, who could drop down and cover slot WRs when it was just becoming a thing.

But hey, fuck Darren Woodson. He sucks.

data

Forbes #1
Can only put in one or two safeties per era...but, hey, let’s put in Bettis and Andre Reed, who weren’t Top 5.

Top Bottom