2019 Coaching Carousel Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Like clockwork.
It is probably a big reason why they took Fangio over Munchak. Fangio is a lifer who really wanted the head coaching job badly and would take Elway forcing Kubiak on him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hate that setup so much. It's almost like teams are hiring guys to be co-head coach with a coordinator.
Yeah I mean in a perfect world your head coach would be versed on offense and defense. He is going to be the one picking on his staff for the other side of the ball so you want him to have a good idea of how to run everything. Unfortunately most coaches aren't really cross trained like that. And in order to get a guy who has dealt with both sides means hiring a former head coach. The good head coaches rarely lose their jobs in the NFL so ultimately it means hiring someone from the college ranks.

But I'm with you. Bill Belichick for example has his background in defense but I think he has just as much of a hand in the offense these days. It's why they can replace coordinators on both sides of the ball without much problem. He sort of dictates everything down to his coordinators.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Spavital is awful :lol I would actually prefer Garrett as oc over him
He has ties to a lot of highly drafted NFL QBs. Of course a lot of them flopped once in the NFL. Brandon Weeden, Geno Smith and Johnny Manziel I believe. Will Grier now in this draft.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
He has ties to a lot of highly drafted NFL QBs. Of course a lot of them flopped once in the NFL. Brandon Weeden, Geno Smith and Johnny Manziel I believe. Will Grier now in this draft.
Yea he was Sumlins oc for awhile so watched quite a few games he called the offense. He is a good recruiter with a lot of connections, which is why he succeeded in college but I'd be really hoping KK calls the offense himself if I was an Arizona fan

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Yea he was Sumlins oc for awhile so watched quite a few games he called the offense. He is a good recruiter with a lot of connections, which is why he succeeded in college but I'd be really hoping KK calls the offense himself if I was an Arizona fan
Eh, aggy just sucked and Spav was the fall guy. The rest of his career he been great.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Next week, the Dolphins will probably announce Kris Richard and it doesn’t matter who the Bengals announce because the guy will fail, anyway.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Man there have been some really fucking shitty, recycled coaches being hired.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Man there have been some really fucking shitty, recycled coaches being hired.
Indeed. But, there have also been a few of the (expected) knee jerk, young guy hires, as team pile on and try to replicate what the Rams did with Sean McVay.

Top Bottom