2019 Coaching Carousel Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
As unimaginative and uncreative the league is I expect a ton of bad hires to happen. The Retreads should have a great time ramping up those retirement funds though.
To illustrate this fact, the Bengals are actually considering Hue Jackson to be their new coach.

This makes me angry and I don't give two shits about the Bengals.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
To illustrate this fact, the Bengals are actually considering Hue Jackson to be their new coach.

This makes me angry and I don't give two shits about the Bengals.
It's hard when coaches are turned over so quickly in the NFL. There are so many openings with so few options. It's why names get retread so often.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This is a no brainer for the Bucs.

He can bring with him Freddie Kitchens, Todd Bowles, Byron Leftwich. Most of his old Cardinals staff should be free.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Lots of chatter of Kingsbury to the Cards as the HC. Don’t know if it’s reliable or not. We shall see...

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Blows my mind that Kingsbury is getting that kind of a shot despite never being at the NFL level in any capacity. He might do okay, but he better assemble an all-star staff, especially on defense.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Blows my mind that Kingsbury is getting that kind of a shot despite never being at the NFL level in any capacity. He might do okay, but he better assemble an all-star staff, especially on defense.
Trying to change the defensive culture at Tech vs. running an NFL team isn't the same. I don't really know if he make it or not. I tend to think no but the trend is for young offensive gurus to bring excitement. He is extremely smart, very very high character and the hardest working person you'll see. He is confrontation averse and I'm not sure if he can be a leader of men.

McVay is an exciting personality and has that going for him. I'm a little confused about what Kliff brings to the table other than what I listed above.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It is funny, yesterday afternoon my son asked me if I thought that Kliff would get one of these NFL HC jobs. I laughed at him at told him to stop being a homer because it wasn't going to happen.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'll bet McDaniels was given the promise of being the next HC in New England if he'll stay on as OC one more year.

Next year, Belichick and Brady hang 'em up together. Watch the Patriots make a move this off season to acquire a QB to learn under Brady for one year, then take over.

Top Bottom