Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Head Coaching Carousel Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by boozeman View Post
      Next week, the Dolphins will probably announce Kris Richard and it doesn’t matter who the Bengals announce because the guy will fail, anyway.
      No Pat McQuistan = No Super Bowl. It's that simple.

      Comment


      • #78
        Man there have been some really fucking shitty, recycled coaches being hired.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by boozeman View Post

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by BipolarFuk View Post
            Man there have been some really fucking shitty, recycled coaches being hired.
            Indeed. But, there have also been a few of the (expected) knee jerk, young guy hires, as team pile on and try to replicate what the Rams did with Sean McVay.
            No Pat McQuistan = No Super Bowl. It's that simple.

            Comment


            • #81
              2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

              Comment


              • #82
                Why wouldn’t they allow Kingsbury hire a DC.
                Since Day One

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by L.T. Fan View Post
                  Why wouldn’t they allow Kingsbury hire a DC.
                  He could have been in on the discussions.
                  #Fire Garrett

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by L.T. Fan View Post
                    Why wouldn’t they allow Kingsbury hire a DC.
                    I think he track record at Texas Tech speaks to the fact he doesn't know a damn thing about defense.

                    And I don't think the Cardinals care because they are already orchestrating the hires.

                    In fact, I think a lot of teams are bowing up in their front offices.

                    Ruhle told the Jets to eff off because they wanted to pick his staff for him.

                    That just tells me that the old upper NFL brass is even more emboldened to their own special brand of stupid.

                    They are making dumb decisions which honestly can be blamed on the failing inexperienced HC.

                    Not a single GM was fired league-wide.

                    That just means you have the same stupid fuckers making stupid decisions and they don't feel accountable.

                    As far as Kingsbury, LaFleur, Zac Taylor...it is getting sad.

                    Hire young offensive whiz, then get some veteran DC for him.

                    Would be cool and all if McVay had actually won a damn thing.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by boozeman View Post


                      As far as Kingsbury, LaFleur, Zac Taylor...it is getting sad.

                      Hire young offensive whiz, then get some veteran DC for him.

                      Would be cool and all if McVay had actually won a damn thing.
                      I think it speaks to how hard it is to find and keep a brilliant offensive mind in the NFL. Teams figure it's much easier to find a competant defensive coordinator than it is to find an offensive coordinator who won't bolt for a head coaching job in a heart beat.

                      Comment


                      • #86

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          By
                          Originally posted by boozeman View Post

                          I think he track record at Texas Tech speaks to the fact he doesn't know a damn thing about defense.

                          And I don't think the Cardinals care because they are already orchestrating the hires.

                          In fact, I think a lot of teams are bowing up in their front offices.

                          Ruhle told the Jets to eff off because they wanted to pick his staff for him.

                          That just tells me that the old upper NFL brass is even more emboldened to their own special brand of stupid.

                          They are making dumb decisions which honestly can be blamed on the failing inexperienced HC.

                          Not a single GM was fired league-wide.

                          That just means you have the same stupid fuckers making stupid decisions and they don't feel accountable.

                          As far as Kingsbury, LaFleur, Zac Taylor...it is getting sad.

                          Hire young offensive whiz, then get some veteran DC for him.

                          Would be cool and all if McVay had actually won a damn thing.
                          That my guess as well. The front offices are taking back control of staffing.
                          Since Day One

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by L.T. Fan View Post
                            By

                            That my guess as well. The front offices are taking back control of staffing.
                            I will be shocked if any of them are successful. Coaching staffs need chemistry.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by boozeman View Post

                              I will be shocked if any of them are successful. Coaching staffs need chemistry.
                              It's an idiotic idea. Hire the head coach and let him assemble his staff.
                              2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post

                                It's an idiotic idea. Hire the head coach and let him assemble his staff.
                                Do you think Kingsbury has the expertise and network to do the primary hiring of the staff at the pro level?
                                Since Day One

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X