AP Probably Gone From Minnesota

Jwooten15

Brand New Member
This shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise considering all the well publicized questions surrounding running back Adrian Peterson. According to ESPN’s John Clayton, the relationship between Peterson and the Minnesota Vikings is “severed” and the expectation now is that Peterson will be released even if the case is resolved.

Peterson’s child abuse trial is set for December 1st. He made his first court appearance on Wednesday in Conroe, Texas. And despite not entering a plea, his lawyer did indicate that they will eventually enter a not guilty plea in the case.

In terms of the finances of Peterson’s contract, Minnesota can release him this upcoming offseason without receiving a cap hit. He signed a six-year, $86.3 million contract with $36 million guaranteed (all of which has been paid out) back in 2011.

Source:http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-peterson-relationship-with-vikings-is-severed/ar-BB8fetC

--------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like Jerry may get his wish. With all of the legal issues and stain on his reputation, Peterson may come with a decent price tag. Swap Murray for AP, with this offensive line; Good god, that's a scary thought.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Looks like Jerry may get his wish. With all of the legal issues and stain on his reputation, Peterson may come with a decent price tag. Swap Murray for AP, with this offensive line; Good god, that's a scary thought.
No thanks. He'll be over 30 years old with a lot of wear. And he'll be coming off a year's layoff. And on top of all that, the DRAMA.

I don't care if he does come at a decent price. I'd pass.

Jwooten15

Brand New Member
I don't disagree with you guys at all, but I'm curious to see if you guys change your opinion once Murray gets injured in the next few weeks and misses a handful of games.

2-3 full seasons out of Peterson would be better than having Marray for 10-12 games/year for the next 5 seasons.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
One of the best RB's of all time is not out of the league....I can't see it.

If he doesn't get too harsh a punishment in the court of law, then he'll be on someone's team next year.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't disagree with you guys at all, but I'm curious to see if you guys change your opinion once Murray gets injured in the next few weeks and misses a handful of games.

2-3 full seasons out of Peterson would be better than having Marray for 10-12 games/year for the next 5 seasons.
If Murray does get hurt, why would that change my opinion on Peterson? He'd still be 30+ with a lot of miles, and even more drama. Draft Murray's replacement.

You're guessing at a projection on IF Murray gets hurt. It's a 100% GAURANTEE that Peterson will be 30+ and full of drama. No thanks.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
No thanks. He'll be over 30 years old with a lot of wear. And he'll be coming off a year's layoff. And on top of all that, the DRAMA.

A year layoff might be good at the RB position. He'd have fresh legs for a minute.

I wouldn't be a big fan of it for the 30+ and drama reasons, but it would depend on if we got a hometown/drama discount. I'd be willing to be ok with it at the right price.

AP is one of the great talents at his position all time. I could see him having another big year in him.

Jwooten15

Brand New Member
If Murray does get hurt, why would that change my opinion on Peterson? He'd still be 30+ with a lot of miles, and even more drama. Draft Murray's replacement.

You're guessing at a projection on IF Murray gets hurt. It's a 100% GAURANTEE that Peterson will be 30+ and full of drama. No thanks.
Possibly because Peterson is a much better back, and is a better option than Murray for the next 3 years (about as long as we have Romo)?? Because once Romo is gone, it doesn't matter if AP is washed up or not, the Cowboys won't be good for a little while.

It's not a guess, bro. History repeats itself. You know as well as I do that Murray is going to get hurt again. I know you're just trying to validate a statement you're making, so you're not going to admit it because you're trying to back up your opinion.

Too much drama with AP? So were you against it when we brought in TO? What about Deion? Charles Haley? Yeah, drama surrounding a player is a terrible thing...

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'd take Peterson here without hesitation. I think he has behaved himself into a cheap contract and would have a chip on his shoulder when he plays next.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It's not a guess, bro. History repeats itself. You know as well as I do that Murray is going to get hurt again. I know you're just trying to validate a statement you're making, so you're not going to admit it because you're trying to back up your opinion.
No, I don't know that Murray will be hurt again. Neither do you. He might. Even if he blows out his knee and doesn't play another down this year, that has absolutely nothing to do with Peterson this year. If he gets hurt this year and we choose not to resign him, I'd still rather draft his replacement over signing Peterson. So, no. I'm not trying to 'validate' anything.

Bro.
Too much drama with AP? So were you against it when we brought in TO? What about Deion? Charles Haley? Yeah, drama surrounding a player is a terrible thing...
Depends on the drama. Were the players you mentioned being brought up on child abuse charges? Or even anything that was illegal? No?

Try again.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'd take Peterson here without hesitation. I think he has behaved himself into a cheap contract and would have a chip on his shoulder when he plays next.
No doubt Peterson is an all timer talent at RB. But considering his age and the circus signing him would bring, I don't think it would be worth it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Yeah. As much as I like the guy he truly is driving on slick tires. He's tough but his best years are behind him.

Carp

DCC 4Life
No doubt Peterson is an all timer talent at RB. But considering his age and the circus signing him would bring, I don't think it would be worth it.
I think we could get him cheap and I do think he has plenty of tread left. Not saying for him to replace Murray, but he could supplement for sure. Also, I think we are learning how to handle the drama now. I credit the Cowboys with the Michael Sam thing...they signed him, put him on the PS, and the story has just kind of gone away.

We are going to bring Brent back, so adding Peterson would not be any harder...or shouldn't be IMO.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I think we could get him cheap and I do think he has plenty of tread left. Not saying for him to replace Murray, but he could supplement for sure. Also, I think we are learning how to handle the drama now. I credit the Cowboys with the Michael Sam thing...they signed him, put him on the PS, and the story has just kind of gone away.

We are going to bring Brent back, so adding Peterson would not be any harder...or shouldn't be IMO.
Don't get me wrong, I love Peterson. And would love to see him running the ball for us. But I'm just thinking all this trouble, coupled with his age and the layoff is too much. It's just my opinion, but even if he's able to come back, I doubt he'll be the same guy we all remember. Also, I don't think he'd be giving as much of a discount as people are hoping for. Certainly not what he made as a Viking, but still too expensive for what he'd be bringing. Jmo.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Put about three years work load on Murray at the current volume and that is about where Peterson is now. He has already suffered or serious injury and is on the up side of reaching 30. He would be a great backup but you can't get him on a contract for backup pay. If he ended up getting more than Murray a team disention would likely ensue. Sign Murray first then If Peterson is willing sign him for a little less.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Put about three years work load on Murray at the current volume and that is about where Peterson is now. He has already suffered or serious injury and is on the up side of reaching 30. He would be a great backup but you can't get him on a contract for backup pay. If he ended up getting more than Murray a team disention would likely ensue. Sign Murray first then If Peterson is willing sign him for a little less.
I don't agree with this assessment...he is not a lesser player than Murray is now.

I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise...I would add Murray without hesitation because I think he could be had for cheap, would have a chip on his shoulder, and we could handle the drama.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't agree with this assessment...he is not a lesser player than Murray is now.

I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise...I would add Murray without hesitation because I think he could be had for cheap, would have a chip on his shoulder, and we could handle the drama.
It wasn't an assessment. It was a sharing of factual information. Peterson has about three additional years of workload than Murray has experienced. He has had a serious injury. And he is rapidly approaching 30. The part about him being a terrific backup is an assessment but I dare say it is true. He is obviously still a very talented back and can start on many rosters so with those credentials he would indeed be a great back up if he could be obtained.

Jwooten15

Brand New Member
No, I don't know that Murray will be hurt again. Neither do you. He might. Even if he blows out his knee and doesn't play another down this year, that has absolutely nothing to do with Peterson this year. If he gets hurt this year and we choose not to resign him, I'd still rather draft his replacement over signing Peterson. So, no. I'm not trying to 'validate' anything.

Bro.

Depends on the drama. Were the players you mentioned being brought up on child abuse charges? Or even anything that was illegal? No?

Try again.
I shouldn't even entertain you with a response after you try to say you don't think Murray will get hurt again. When did I ever even hint that him getting hurt correlated to Peterson this year in the slightest?

And illegal activity by a player is grounds to not have them/want them on your team? Well hell, there goes Michael Irvin. And Nate Newton. And Hollywood Henderson. Half of the team during the dyntasy years regularly engaged in illegal activies. Don't want any of them either? The point is, if you can play, there is basically no distraction that will keep you from being on a team. Bro.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I shouldn't even entertain you with a response after you try to say you don't think Murray will get hurt again. When did I ever even hint that him getting hurt correlated to Peterson this year in the slightest?
Please show me where I ever said I don't think he'll get hurt again. I said I don't know if he will. Big difference.

And illegal activity by a player is grounds to not have them/want them on your team? Well hell, there goes Michael Irvin. And Nate Newton. And Hollywood Henderson. Half of the team during the dyntasy years regularly engaged in illegal activies. Don't want any of them either? The point is, if you can play, there is basically no distraction that will keep you from being on a team. Bro.
:lol

Keep moving those goalposts.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
It wasn't an assessment. It was a sharing of factual information. Peterson has about three additional years of workload than Murray has experienced. He has had a serious injury. And he is rapidly approaching 30. The part about him being a terrific backup is an assessment but I dare say it is true. He is obviously still a very talented back and can start on many rosters so with those credentials he would indeed be a great back up if he could be obtained.
Same amount of carries, sure, but they are not the same players in terms of talent. I still think if he was playing that Peterson would be the best RB in the league. I think it says something that he returned from a major knee injury and his yardage and TD totals were better than any year Murray has had to this point.

Top Bottom