Broaddus Big Board: Ansah, Jordan, and Johnson Move Up

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Broaddus Big Board: Ansah, Jordan, and Johnson Move Up

Posted 3 hours ago

Bryan Broaddus Football Analyst/Scout

This week there were several changes in my Big Board so here they are:

•I have flipped Oklahoma tackle Lane Johnson and Alabama guard Chance Warmack. I did this not as a slam on Warmack but it was something that bothered me last week after I put my list together because I didn’t feel like that Johnson was not that far away from Fisher and Joeckel so I wanted to make sure he was in that mix. I still have Cooper over Warmack but would be happy with either player.
•I have dropped Missouri defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson to 12 bringing up Oregon defensive end Dion Jordan and BYU defensive end Ziggy Ansah. The value of the pass rushers is too great here and both of these players can get after the quarterback. Richardson has value in this Cowboys 4-3 scheme at tackle and the three technique but if either of these two were on the board with him, I have a feeling I know the direction they would go.
•Texas safety Kenny Vacarro is the only guy in my book that deserves a first round grade and the more I study him, he could be one of those players along with West Virginia’s Tavon Austin that teams from the back end of the draft come forward on. Teams have an idea that Dallas might be the final spot for Vacarro to go. St. Louis would worry me as a team that might make a deal for their pick ahead of Dallas. I have put Vacarro at 15 on my board.
•Moving up six spots is Florida State defensive end Bjoern Werner which is a huge jump for me but he was one of the first players that I studied in this draft because I felt like that the Cowboys were going to be hunting defensive ends if something happen with Spencer. Werner is a player that I needed to give more credit to him than what I have. I will probably not move him up much more and keep him at 19. There is a side of me that believes if he were to somehow slide down the board to 18 that he would be a consideration.
•The players that dropped the most were UCLA defensive end Datone Jones and LSU inside linebacker Kevin Minter. I have to admit that I probably fell in love with both of these players and valued them much higher than where others have them rated but I am not going to drop them out of my Big Board ranking. I think there is some real value to both of these players but when I look at where I have them in relation to players like Kenny Vacarro, Tyler Eifert and Jarvis Jones, then I was a little strong.

# Player Position College
1 Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan
2 Sharrif Floyd DT Florida
3 Star Lotulelei DT Utah
4 Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M
5 Dee Milliner CB Alabama
6 Jonathan Cooper OG UNC
7 Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma
8 Chance Warmack OG Alabama
9 Tavon Austin WR West Virginia
10 Dion Jordan DE/OLB Oregon
11 Ziggy Ansah DE BYU
12 Sheldon Richardson DE Missouri
13 Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State
14 Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB LSU
15 Kenny Vacarro S Texas
16 Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame
17 Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia
18 Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee
19 Bjoern Werner DE Florida State
20 D.J. Fluker OT Alabama
21 Johnthan Banks CB Mississippi State
22 Desmond Trufant CB Washington
23 Geno Smith QB West Virginia
24 Kevin Minter MLB LSU
25 Datone Jones DE Florida State

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Broaddus is annoying with his safety whoring.
He has one safety in his top 25. I don't get your anger. He is a Vaccaro-whore, perhaps.

He does have four CBs in the top 25. Send him a pipe bomb in the mail.

Top Bottom