Tony Romo: This is one of the most complete teams I’ve been around

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Tony Romo: This is one of the most complete teams I’ve been around

Posted by Josh Alper on June 27, 2013, 3:38 PM EDT

With a new contract extension and an owner asking him to put in Peyton Manning-esque time on the job, it’s shaping up to be another season of high expectations for Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo.

As always, though, the success or failure of the Cowboys isn’t going to be determined by Romo all by himself. The fact that he’s given up golf or doing more rigorous film study won’t do much to help the team win games if the offensive line can’t block or if the defense regularly gets lit up. It would be a good thing, then, if the Cowboys wind up being as strong a team as Romo thinks they’ll be.

“We’re going to be pretty good this year,” Romo said, via the Lake Geneva News and ESPNDallas.com. “This is one of the most complete teams that I’ve been around. It’s going to be a very enjoyable football season.”

In each of the last three offseasons, there has been reason to believe that the Cowboys would be a pretty good team that would have a very enjoyable football season. It hasn’t happened, though, and that’s why we’re hearing the same kinds of answers we’ve heard from Romo in the past. If 2013 doesn’t wind up being any more enjoyable, it will be time to start asking different questions at the very least.

Lotuseater

Banned
I just have this feeling we are all going to be shocked at how well this team plays this year. I think its going to be a fun season.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I just have this feeling we are all going to be shocked at how well this team plays this year. I think its going to be a fun season.
I envy your optimism. And I am being dead serious.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The already underdeveloped and patchwork OL completely fell apart, was re-patched poorly, and is still bereft of talent at LG, RG, and RT. DL is old, thin, undersized, and teeters almost completely on Jay Ratliff being able to avoid both suspension and injury while rediscovering his best form for a full season.

I also feel the team is due to have several very good games, but seriously because of the above it won't matter in the end. Come playoff time they will not be able to beat other teams in their class who have better lines, barring super-heroics from Tony Romo.

I will always enjoy any game when the team plays to its potential and with heart, win or lose (especially the 6-9 victories). But every game they continue to play and coach like entitled turds I will slide deeper into a state of angry, hateful, depression that I barely manage to climb out of every offseason.

junk

Not So New Member
I envy your optimism. And I am being dead serious.
This team has punched me in the gut to end the season too many times.

I'd probably be more optimistic if the offseason plan didn't seem to be "This time the two TE offense is gonna work", "We're healthy now!" and "We're much better as a 4-3 defense"

Still I go down the schedule and assume a split with everyone in the NFC East and I come up with a team in that 9-7 to 8-8 range again.

Maybe health of the OL all offseason + Frederick allow them to gel. Maybe having a healthy defense changes the tide on things.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I do, too. I actually miss having it.
It was great when everyone who talked shit about the Cowboys was just jealous.

Now, they are right.

It's embarrassing.

Aaron Hernandez, a very good to great tight end with a big cap hit is charged with killing someone and is released immediately by the Patriots.

Josh Brent, a mediocre player who could be released with almost no cap worries at all is charged with killing someone... Embraced.

Good times, Cowboy fans. Good times.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It was great when everyone who talked shit about the Cowboys was just jealous.

Now, they are right.

It's embarrassing.

Aaron Hernandez, a very good to great tight end with a big cap hit is charged with killing someone and is released immediately by the Patriots.

Josh Brent, a mediocre player who could be released with almost no cap worries at all is charged with killing someone... Embraced.

I still have that homer me somewhere inside, but with each passing year it seems to be getting buried deeper and deeper.

Maybe one year I will take all the zoners advice and just give up being an NFL football fan, because it would have to come to that as I could never root for any other team.

lostxn

DCC 4Life

There is a difference between negligent manslaughter and flat out murdering someone (apparently in addition to being involved in at least 2 other shootings). Hernandez is an evil mother fucker. Brent is a young man who made a stupid, tragic mistake. I think comparing the two is pretty unfair. Now if you say we still should have cut him, I can't argue the point.

I just don't think the Patriots actions were anything close to noble. This guy is never playing another down of football in the NFL period. Never. Ever. Cutting him is beside the point.

On a side note, why is the term "manslaughter" better than "murder." Not what they mean mind you. I just mean the term manslaughter sounds a lot worse. I mean, you slaughtered the guy. That's not nice at all. You can unintentionally slaughter someone? How does that work? Ok, end pedantic rant...

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
There is a difference between negligent manslaughter and flat out murdering someone
Agree to disagree. Getting behind the wheel when drunk might as well be premeditated murder as far as I'm concerned. And this is coming from an alcoholic. I have zero tolerance for drunk driving. Kill someone while drunk driving? Life in prison/death penalty, IMO.

I just don't think the Patriots actions were anything close to noble. This guy is never playing another down of football in the NFL period. Never. Ever. Cutting him is beside the point.
Ever heard of OJ Simpson? Maybe Michael Vick?

Football players can get away with a lot and still be allowed to play. A whole lot.

*I realize that OJ was already retired, but everyone just knew that OJ was going away for life, and there are people that said Vick would never play again.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I guess it would be hypocritical of me, but if by some act of a divine being we won a Super Bowl again, I would be an insufferable homer...again.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I guess it would be hypocritical of me, but if by some act of a divine being we won a Super Bowl again, I would be an insufferable homer...again.
Same. I'd be like "Jerry Jones? Oh Hells ayuh!!"

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
What Cowboys fan wouldn't? Not a single Giants fan cared that they douched out at 9-7 and somehow won the whole thing anyways.

I myself would continually unleash about 18 years worth of spooge until someone knocked us off again.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Ever heard of OJ Simpson? Maybe Michael Vick?

Football players can get away with a lot and still be allowed to play. A whole lot.

*I realize that OJ was already retired, but everyone just knew that OJ was going away for life, and there are people that said Vick would never play again.
Ray Lewis.

Lotuseater

Banned
This team has punched me in the gut to end the season too many times.

I'd probably be more optimistic if the offseason plan didn't seem to be "This time the two TE offense is gonna work", "We're healthy now!" and "We're much better as a 4-3 defense"

Still I go down the schedule and assume a split with everyone in the NFC East and I come up with a team in that 9-7 to 8-8 range again.

Maybe health of the OL all offseason + Frederick allow them to gel. Maybe having a healthy defense changes the tide on things.
The best time to be positive is when you have every reason not to.

Lotuseater

Banned
HELL YEAH!

Top Bottom