Archer: DeMarco Murray says hammy better

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
DeMarco Murray says hammy better

Updated: June 13, 2013, 2:15 PM ET
By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- After sitting out most of the offseason with a hamstring injury, running back DeMarco Murray has declared himself ready to go as the Dallas Cowboys finished up minicamp Thursday.

Murray missed the first few organized team activities in May because of a slightly strained hamstring, but he's been getting more reps during the Cowboys' mandatory minicamp this week.

"I definitely feel like I'm back to where I need to be," Murray said.

With the Cowboys wanting to run more in 2013, Murray is the key, and he has to stay healthy. A foot injury kept him out of six games last season. He missed three games as a rookie with a fractured ankle.

Murray has led the Cowboys in rushing his first two seasons (897 yards as a rookie, 663 in 2012), but he has had only 325 carries. He knows there is plenty to work on in his game.

"I just need to continue to play hard," Murray said. "I may not do all the work right and may get sloppy here and there, but I need to continue to make plays. Play hard and play free. I can't go out there thinking too much."

jeebs

Brand New Member
So now that there is no practice for a month and a half, that is the exact day he is healthy...

Maybe he's not 100%.

townsend

Banned
He just thinks the moons over my hammy has improved since the local Denny's fired their night chef. Murray's going to miss 9 games.

Top Bottom