The way too early 53 man roster

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
OFFENSE (25)

QB-2
Dak Prescott
Kellen Moore
Dak was spectacular as a rookie. Can he maintain or even improve in year 2? Maybe we pick up a vet once cuts start. Let's hope.

RB-3
Zeke Elliott
Darren McFadden
Jahad Thomas R UDFA
Zeke showed he belonged in the discussion as one of the top RBs in the NFL. Thomas bumps Morris off the roster. Decent runner, good receiver. Really good kick returner.

FB-0
I think we'll go long on TE. We barely used a FB last year.

[TE-4
Jason Witten
James Hanna
Geoff Swaim
Rico Gathers
Witten still getting it done at 97 years old. If we are serious about Gathers, they won't expose him to waivers again.

WR-6
Dez Bryant
Terrance Williams
Cole Beasley
Brice Butler
Ryan Switzer R
Noah Brown R
Brown shows enough to earn a spot on the 53. Won't be long before he makes Butler expendable.

OL-10
Tyron Smith
La'el Collins
Travis Frederick
Zack Martin
Chaz Green
Emmett Cleary
Jonathan Cooper
Byron Bell
Joe Looney
Levon Myers R UDFA
The league's best unit will have to find a new RT. Chaz Green looked like he has the talent, but can he stay healthy enough to do it? Could Levon Myers be this years surprise and take the RT spot?

DEFENSE (25)

DL-9
DeMarcus Lawrence
David Irving
Tyrone Crawford
Maliek Collins
Charles Tapper
Cedric Thornton
Taco Charlton R
Benson Mayowa
Stephen Paea
Will the addition of Thornton and Tapper be enough to provide a steady pass rush?

LB-6
Sean Lee
Jaylon Smith
Damien Wilson
Anthony Hitchens
Kyle Wilber
Mark Nzeocha
If Smith can show he has recovered from a devastating injury and Lee can remain healthy, this group has the potential to be one of the better LB corps in the NFL.

CB-6
Orlando Scandrick
Chidobe Awuzie R
Jourdan Lewis R
Nolan Carroll
Anthony Brown
Marquez White R
Young secondary with some attitude. Scandrick is the old man of the group and will set the tone.

S-4
Byron Jones
Jeff Heath
Xavier Woods S
Robert Blanton
After many years, Dallas finally has a safety group that has the potential to make some plays.

ST-3
Dan Bailey
Chris Jones
LP Ladouceur
As solid a group as there is in the NFL.

7 drafted rookies and 2 UDFA make the team, along with 2 draft picks from last year that haven't played a snap due to injury. Add them to six second year players, and this team is getting younger in a quick, fast hurry.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Morris getting bumped is pretty unlikely.
Neither of the rookie DTs make the roster? I suppose that's certainly possible...
I would expect us to sign a free agent QB to be our true backup. I cant see a team with Superbowl aspirations counting on Kellen Moore.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Morris getting bumped is pretty unlikely.
Neither of the rookie DTs make the roster? I suppose that's certainly possible...
I would expect us to sign a free agent QB to be our true backup. I cant see a team with Superbowl aspirations counting on Kellen Moore.
You know if Prescott goes down, especially early, it's Romo time.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kavon Frazier over Blanton.
I think we keep 5 safeties, they are needed for special teams. Seriously doubt we keep 10 Olinemen though. If an UDFA Olineman makes the roster I think they bump Cleary.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Kavon Frazier over Blanton.
They might be a little hesitant to go with a second year guy over one with some starting experience. They are going to be awful young in the secondary.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
NoDak said:
Won't be long before he makes Butler expendable.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Brice makes Brice expendable.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brice makes Brice expendable.
Well and the reason we resigned Brice was because we didn't think we would be able to resign Williams. Of course it turned out that we were able to resign Williams. If Williams wasn't at risk of leaving I'm not sure we ever would have resigned Brice. But we didn't really want to risk forcing a rookie into a starting role on offense.

dallen

Senior Tech
At least he has the right attitude...

:shrug

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You know if Prescott goes down, especially early, it's Romo time.
Phil Simms pulling out his Dak Prescott voodoo doll.

Seriously it might be hard for Romo to get back in effective shape in time to matter, and that's if Candice allows it.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I'm rooting for Dan Skipper to make the team. He plays with a bonafide mean streak, and I like that. Not Erik Williams ram your fingers into the mouths of opposing defensive linemen mean, but he doesn't fuck around.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'm rooting for Dan Skipper to make the team. He plays with a bonafide mean streak, and I like that. Not Erik Williams ram your fingers into the mouths of opposing defensive linemen mean, but he doesn't fuck around.
If he makes the team... jersey change?

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I had hopes for Butler, but he drops way too many balls. I would hope Switzer has better hands and can bypass him, and possibly Noah Brown too.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I had hopes for Butler, but he drops way too many balls. I would hope Switzer has better hands and can bypass him, and possibly Noah Brown too.
I think they both have better hands than Butler. Especially Switzer. That cat has damn good hands from what I have seen.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think they both have better hands than Butler. Especially Switzer. That cat has damn good hands from what I have seen.
Butler has great hands some times and then he drops the easiest catches at other times.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Butler has great hands some times and then he drops the easiest catches at other times.
Not to mention him giving up on plays as he did in the playoff game against GB. That and his boneheaded penalties at the worst possible times.

Fuck that guy.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Noah Brown or Andy Jones?

The Dez Bryant Comparison vs. the Terrell Owens comparison.

Last edited:
Top Bottom