Patriots to sign Tim Tebow

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
[h=1]Patriots to sign Tim Tebow[/h]Posted by Michael David Smith on June 10, 2013, 5:10 PM EDT

Tim Tebow’s NFL career is not over.

The New England Patriots will sign Tebow and have him at their minicamp that begins on Tuesday, as first reported by Ed Werder of ESPN.

Although the connection between Patriots coach Bill Belichick and Tebow’s old Florida coach Urban Meyer has led to talk in the past that the Patriots could be interested in giving Tebow a shot, the news still comes as a major surprise. In recent weeks most of the talk surrounding Tebow in the NFL has centered on the idea that Tebow was totally done in the NFL.

There’s still much we don’t know, including whether Tebow will have a shot to compete for the No. 2 quarterback job behind Tom Brady (it should go without saying that Tebow has no chance to start in New England), or whether the Patriots are more interested in taking a look at him at another position and as an occasional wildcat quarterback.

But we do know that Tebow has an NFL home. And the NFL media is about to descend on the Patriots’ minicamp.
-------------

Kinda figured if anyone was going to do it, it would be them...McDaniels has his shot with him again.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 24m
How will the #Patriots use Tim Tebow? He's going to play quarterback. Has never accepted playing another position.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 24m
How will the #Patriots use Tim Tebow? He's going to play quarterback. Has never accepted playing another position.
I bet Ryan Mallett is happy about this.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
I'm going to have to hear about this mofo the rest of my life, aren't I?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I believe Florio or Peter King kind of saw this coming.

Shortly after Tebow was released, one of them said that the best thing for Tebow to do is to sign with a team like the Patriots where the starter is clearly established and Tebow's role as a backup is clearly defined.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I believe Florio or Peter King kind of saw this coming.

Shortly after Tebow was released, one of them said that the best thing for Tebow to do is to sign with a team like the Patriots where the starter is clearly established and Tebow's role as a backup is clearly defined.
It is not just that.

The Patriots have shown a history of taking guys and making utility players with defined roles out of them.

They can take a Troy Brown or Julian Edelman and make them a nickel CB.

My thing with Tebow is you make him the number two at what cost?

They are only going to carry two QBs on the active roster on gamedays. Is he going to be your two, or are you going to make a ST role for him? I sure as shat wouldn't have him running their regular offense if Brady got hurt and I sure as hell wouldn't have him taking specialty snaps from Brady, if even a handful, in each game.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Donte' Stallworth ‏@DonteStallworth 3m
For anyone who thinks there will be a circus in New England with the Tebow signing, I have a bridge in #Brooklyn for sale...

:unsure

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Donte' Stallworth ‏@DonteStallworth 3m
For anyone who thinks there will be a circus in New England with the Tebow signing, I have a bridge in #Brooklyn for sale...

:unsure
Belichick's dour personality keeps circuses at bay, we get that.

gator

Brand New Member
No guarantee he's still on the roster after final cuts, let alone on the gameday roster. They have a lot of depth at the skill positions.

They'll give him a shot to beat out a 5th WR type. Maybe they'll carry him as the only fullback.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
How ridiculous to be talking about the third string QB of another team...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
How ridiculous to be talking about the third string QB of another team...
I think Tebow can be utilized as a situational player. He is enough of an athlete I would want him on my team.

Top Bottom