Archer: Mackenzy Bernadeau out, but not down

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Mackenzy Bernadeau out, but not down

June, 10, 2013

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas – For the second straight year, right guard Mackenzy Bernadeau won't take an offseason snap during organized team activities and minicamp.

Bernadeau is nearly back to 100 percent after undergoing offseason shoulder surgery and will not take part in this week's minicamp. He missed last offseason because of hip surgery and then missed most of training camp because of knee surgery.

Despite the absence this spring, Bernadeau feels ahead of the game.

“Last year was a big adjustment,” Bernadeau said. “You had to learn new techniques, a new system. This year, it’s the second year in the system and you’re not learning the technique for the first time. And this time, it’s not a lower body injury. I can still do all the footwork and go through just about everything.”

Bernadeau was not even on the practice field last spring. He took part in individual drills over the last three weeks and will continue to do some work during minicamp.

“I'm feeling good, but it's just not football ready yet,” Bernadeau said. “I don't want to go out there not being able to compete at 100 percent. ... The first day of (training) camp, I'll be ready to go.”

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
On top of not learning the "new" system, his guy has been a walking emergency room. The Cowboys could not have gone a worse route than signing and starting Bernadeau.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I will be so happy if Leary can legitimately beat out this jackass in training camp.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
Even though he didn't cost much Bernadeau has to be right at the top of the list of Jerry's FA fuck ups. And either the scouting staff, coaching staff, or both deserve equal blame because there's no way Jerry knew who this POS was without someone passing on his name as a player to get.

Top Bottom