data

Forbes #1
~cracking knuckles~

Time to dust off the old pole.

Wait.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I went with 10-6 or greater. I know I have been sucked in and am setting myself up for disappointment, but I just have a really good feeling about Dak, and also have a good enough feeling about our defense once we get DLaw and Gregory back, to think that 10-6 is absolutely possible. Worst case scenario is Dak is tearing it up, Romo gets put back in after he heals, team chemistry goes to shit, Romo is rusty, and we lose 2-3 straight because of it.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
With a healthy Romo, I had them pegged for 8 to 10 wins.

Without him and with a very suspect defense, 6-10 is the best we can hope for.

The coaching staff is also a liability. They showed us last year just how bad they are at coaching around our deficiencies.

The defense didn't change and neither did the coaching staff, so I can't see why we'd be successful this time around.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I just see this as another 8-8 type of season, even if Dak plays pretty well. The coaching staff will get yet another pass because Romo will have missed so many games–I don't anticipate him staying on the field even when he does return from this back thing. They'll head into next season with the status quo and Jerry talking about Romo healing up over the offseason and 'feeling the best he has in 5 years', selling unwarranted optimism. Big Ben. Parliament.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
8-8 for me, because the defense won't be able to hold it together for 16 games.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
For 2015 I predict the Cowboys will finish 4-12.

I see Romo playing 4 games at most.

We'll struggle mightily without him and it will expose just how dependent Garrett is on Romo.

The running game will still be solid though.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

We'll struggle mightily without him and it will expose just how dependent Garrett is on Romo.

:lol

Man, you're a prophet.

data

Forbes #1
Couple thoughts:

- How is our mediocrity going to fulfill itself? Garrett is 40-40 as full-time head coach. Surely we can't go 8-8 again, can we? Or do we balance out whatever record this year and return to .500 next year, say a 7-9 finish now and 9-7 next year?

- Maybe next pole I erect will be number of games Romo starts & finishes this year.

- Zeke prediction poll, anyone? That seems to be the one of the few things we have left to look forward to.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
Couple thoughts:

- How is our mediocrity going to fulfill itself? Garrett is 40-40 as full-time head coach. Surely we can't go 8-8 again, can we? Or do we balance out whatever record this year and return to .500 next year, say a 7-9 finish now and 9-7 next year?

- Maybe next pole I erect will be number of games Romo starts & finishes this year.

- Zeke prediction poll, anyone? That seems to be the one of the few things we have left to look forward to.
I think you could probably do both a Zeke and Zak poll.

Cotton

Staff member
Now that I think about it... Zeke and Zak has a nice ring to it.

townsend

Banned
8-8 with Romo being held out indefinitely. Dak does well for a young rookie. I'll say 3400 Yds 26TDs 17int. The defense is bad, just so bad. Dak has to struggle (like his predecessor did) keeping up with this shithouse defense. Garrett won't depend on the run like he should, because we'll be forced to play from behind most games.

We end up in the playoffs because our division is ass, so All the coaches are retained.

data

Forbes #1
I think many of you have gotten sucked when it comes to Dak. DFDC (Dick Face Dak Crusher) comes strong.

At the very least, the Dak-hype will have better results than the Drew Henson saga.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

So third easiest schedule in the NFL and you think we have the same record as last year with Cassel and Weeden? Not sure how you can justify that.

Cotton

Staff member
So third easiest schedule in the NFL and you think we have the same record as last year with Cassel and Weeden? Not sure how you can justify that.
Uhh, he said 2015 in his post. Pretty sure he was just fucking around.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I think about 6 or 7 wins. I think Dak will flash at times but look dreadful a lot of the time. I think someone else significant will get hurt. And the defense...the defense.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
8-8 with Romo being held out indefinitely. Dak does well for a young rookie. I'll say 3400 Yds 26TDs 17int. The defense is bad, just so bad. Dak has to struggle (like his predecessor did) keeping up with this shithouse defense. Garrett won't depend on the run like he should, because we'll be forced to play from behind most games.

We end up in the playoffs because our division is ass, so All the coaches are retained.
which could affect Zeke's ROY candidacy/fantasy stats if we have to abandon the run and pass pass pass to get back in the game

Top Bottom